Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Porsche Classic Radio- any takers?

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2016, 04:45 PM
TheBen
Drifting

Received 127 Likes on 95 Posts

I'd love to get this and sell my no longer available and entirely interior correct Becker Grand Prix...but I'm going to see how other users like this before making a purchase.
Old 04-09-2016, 11:48 AM
schroed911
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I believe the shop is recommending the D2 100.4 DSP and running the front speakers off the amp and the rears off the deck. I haven't finalized yet. I met with the installer to show him the classic deck specs and asked his advice on amp and speaker upgrades that keep the stock grills and amp under passenger seat. Once the deck comes in I'll finalize with the installer.

For the front speakers the installer recommends 6.5" Focal K2 Powers putting the tweeter in the mid location and just leaving the stock tweeter in place but non-functional. I heard the same recommendation from Rod Birch Car Audio Innovations and in some rennlist posts.

Suggestions for a great sounding system wo putting an amp in the bonnet or adding a sub are welcome.

I'm thinking of using California Car Sounds in Campbell, CA. Anyone have experience with that shop?
Old 04-10-2016, 08:48 AM
centerpunch
Rennlist Member

Received 284 Likes on 128 Posts

Originally Posted by schroed911
I believe the shop is recommending the D2 100.4 DSP and running the front speakers off the amp and the rears off the deck. I haven't finalized yet. I met with the installer to show him the classic deck specs and asked his advice on amp and speaker upgrades that keep the stock grills and amp under passenger seat. Once the deck comes in I'll finalize with the installer.

For the front speakers the installer recommends 6.5" Focal K2 Powers putting the tweeter in the mid location and just leaving the stock tweeter in place but non-functional. I heard the same recommendation from Rod Birch Car Audio Innovations and in some rennlist posts.

Suggestions for a great sounding system wo putting an amp in the bonnet or adding a sub are welcome.

I'm thinking of using California Car Sounds in Campbell, CA. Anyone have experience with that shop?
The little Focal amp in the first post of this thread would fit easily in the stock under-the-seat location, even room for two of them.

Quick Reply: Porsche Classic Radio- any takers?