Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Gawd, I love the sound of the LPMM

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2016, 07:31 PM
Mike Pezely
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Regarding the above question posted above by JZ98-993, I would like to know if the LPMM to a set of maxflo cans would help eliminate the droning?
Old 01-13-2016, 09:36 PM
Magdaddy
Rennlist Member

Received 267 Likes on 198 Posts

Originally Posted by 405
now throw on the fabspeed cat bypass and you will really be impressed!

Ive had FDM stage 2 and 3, and motorsound with and without the cat bypass along with the lpmm mufflers most recently. the lpmm mufflers with the fabspeed cat bypass has been my favorite exhaust combination that ive tried. i've liked all the setups ive had, but the lpmm with the bypass has a really nice tuned "porsche" sound. combine that setup with the motorsound airbox and the upper rpm range is aircooled music.
BIG stage lll fan here. Interested in the bypass pipe, but realize that the stage lll with that would be probably too much. I just love the warm restart burble, and the other aural delights that the stage lll's deliver.

So comparing the stage lll's with stock cats, versus cat bypass and stage l's(LPMM). What are the difference regarding idle noise, off throttle burble and pop etc...

Simply hard for me to imagine a better sounding exhaust than the stage lll's.

Help me spend some money please, that's what it's all about here...strangers, helping strangers spend money.
Old 01-14-2016, 12:34 AM
JZ98-993
Rennlist Member

Received 49 Likes on 34 Posts

I know its killing me, I'm about to ship the mufflers out to get stage III but now I'm worried it will be too much (hard to believe there is too much stage III). No youtube videos? I've seen them for fabspeed and LPMM or Stage II but no stage III. Anyone with this combo that can post a quick video?? Thx
Old 01-14-2016, 01:30 AM
Martin S.
Rennlist Member

Received 524 Likes on 346 Posts
Smile You want an incredible sound????

Fabspeed X pipe, cat bypass/delete pipes into the muffler of your choce. I have the Fabspeed Maxflows....note I have tried nearly every other muff:
1. Billy Boat (Ugh, 3,000 RPM drone for days)
2. Factory Motorsport (OK)
3. Robin Sun's RSRs (very nice)
4. FD Motorsport Stage 1 and Stage 2 (Nice too)
5. Fabspeed SuperCups (Too damn loud)
6. Fanspeed Maxflows (Sweet music)***
***Especially coupled with Fabspeed X pipe and Cat Delete pipes.

Note, there is a group buy going on right now for FabSpeed muddy and stuff, 20% to as much as 25% off.
Old 01-14-2016, 12:46 PM
OverBoosted28
Rennlist Member

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by JZ98-993
I know its killing me, I'm about to ship the mufflers out to get stage III but now I'm worried it will be too much (hard to believe there is too much stage III). No youtube videos? I've seen them for fabspeed and LPMM or Stage II but no stage III. Anyone with this combo that can post a quick video?? Thx
This isn't NA and the turbos are my mufflers, but this is gutted cats and bypass elbows. Don't think anything is "too much", unless your a banker, doctor, lawyer. These cars are neutered for broad markets. They need to be set free when you get em! :-)
Old 01-14-2016, 12:47 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 122 Likes on 53 Posts

i had stage iii with and without the bypass pipe, when i put them on originally with stock cats, i told myself this would be my last exhaust i would buy, i was really happy with it (after having stage ii and motorsound) ... then i decided to try out the fabspeed cat bypass just to see how it changed the sound. the bypass with the stage iii was a great sound, but it was just too loud.. it got old fast.

i was then recommended by rennlister Al Z to try out the lpmm with the bypass and now i feel like ive found the perfect sound for the 993 (that isnt a 3.8L haha). under load the exhaust gives out a nice smooth howl. i think there is less of the popping on decel with this setup compared to the stage iii's though. as for the idle, with the bypass on with the lpmm its a much sharper and more crisp and not as muffled as with the cats installed and the other mufflers.

the lpmm and stage ii's and iii's on their own sound pretty amazing, but when you add the bypass its just a whole new sound and experience.
Old 01-14-2016, 02:18 PM
JZ98-993
Rennlist Member

Received 49 Likes on 34 Posts

Great feedback guys, thanks keep it coming

Quick Reply: Gawd, I love the sound of the LPMM