Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Introduction - Guards Red Targa from Hermosa Beach, CA

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2015, 06:51 PM
gonzilla
Rennlist Member

Received 102 Likes on 67 Posts

Welcome! Sweet car!!! Not too many targas. I don't think I've ever seen a red one! I'm in Redondo and there are a few of us around here. We tend to hang out from time to time. I'll loop you in the next time we hook up.
Old 12-21-2015, 06:58 PM
C4SJOHN
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts

Nice 993 welcome hope to meet you soon. Enjoy your new ride.
Old 12-21-2015, 11:34 PM
Fiascoj
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thank you for the warm welcome everyone! LuckyJ, Kika, gonzilla, C4SJohn and PelicanParts: I'm looking forward to hanging out at some meet-ups.

Originally Posted by fatmike
Nice looking car. Good luck with it.
Also, I sold the rack that I bought for my (former) targa to mpruden who I believe is selling it. You should track him down.
/
Originally Posted by mpruden
I think this settles it. GR is now my favorite color on a Targa.

You missed the bike rack by a week. Just sold it to another RLer.
Just my luck.

Originally Posted by Foxman
Beautiful car and nicely moded with a good stance and Fister III's. There was a recent thread inquiring about duck tails with LED's. I'm not sure they exist for our 993's, and I think the LED's might possibly deter from the classic look of the clean ducktail. In all events, have fun making the car your own, and welcome!
The guy who started that duck tail discussion (nwGTS) is a good friend of mine. He posted that thread after we had a long discussion about 997 and 993 spoilers. I think that a red brake light that is flush with the tail (similar to the 997 sport classic) can blend in with a guards red tail. But I fully expect that it will take a lot of custom fabrication.
Old 12-22-2015, 01:28 PM
stairmasterman911
Racer

Received 32 Likes on 9 Posts

Welcome fellow red Targa owner! Mine makes me smile every day. Even when things break -- and they will -- it's still a blast. Like a little red fighter jet. Have fun!
Old 12-24-2015, 01:33 PM
Fiascoj
Intermediate

Originally Posted by stairmasterman911
Welcome fellow red Targa owner! Mine makes me smile every day. Even when things break -- and they will -- it's still a blast. Like a little red fighter jet. Have fun!
I'm extremely jealous of your front bumper!

Do know how many GR targas there are in North America? I wasn't able to find anything via search...
Old 12-27-2015, 12:55 AM
eichlerman
Rennlist Member

Default Welcome

I'm also in Hermosa Beach, Palm Drive south of Pier. I also do my own work and have accomplished many of the common improvement/mods. PM me if you need some assistance. Guards Red 993's rule.
Old 12-28-2015, 11:05 PM
Fiascoj
Intermediate

Originally Posted by eichlerman
I'm also in Hermosa Beach, Palm Drive south of Pier. I also do my own work and have accomplished many of the common improvement/mods. PM me if you need some assistance. Guards Red 993's rule.
Thanks Tim! I think I'll do an oil change on Sunday. Let me know if you want to stop by, talk shop and have a beer.

Quick Reply: Introduction - Guards Red Targa from Hermosa Beach, CA