Help on 993 vs. 00 Boxster S purchase

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2003, 05:29 PM
Rolo
Rhymes With Polo
Rennlist Member

Received 1,082 Likes on 641 Posts

Originally posted by fluid15
I second that opinion. There certainly are a lot of people that admire the Boxster - including many with 20+ yrs of Porsche ownership experience - but it's hard to compare them because I don't believe they're in the same category, even if some of the prices are. Different cars for different markets / purpose.

I can't count the number of people who compliment and rant/rave about my 993 - the shape, the sound, the passenger experience, etc. If I'm talking about Porsches at the office and mention that another guy has a Boxster, there usually isn't the same interest and they continue about the 993. It moves people. For a reason.

I'm not taking away from the Boxster's credibility/capability. We each have our opinion and mine is that the 993 is my choice for desirable car. For me, that also means as a daily driver.
Sorry if I offended you. But its my opinion. Like I said in an earlier post. My assistant says by buddies car is CUTE, and mine is sporty and sexy?

I really thing the Boxster is a very nice car. I even posted how much I liked it after driving my friends Boxster S. But it honestly doesn't have much appeal to me. If I wanted a cab, I'd have to look at a 993.
Old 09-30-2003, 06:39 PM
autobahnNY
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Rolo, your assitant is the judge and expert on all cars? Hmm... let me get this straight..your assistant?? LOL. Thanks for telling me. I'm done here,cya
Old 09-30-2003, 08:24 PM
Rolo
Rhymes With Polo
Rennlist Member

Received 1,082 Likes on 641 Posts

Originally posted by autobahnNY
Rolo, your assitant is the judge and expert on all cars? Hmm... let me get this straight..your assistant?? LOL. Thanks for telling me. I'm done here,cya
Well, don't knock it. She's good-looking and she thinks your car is CUTE.
Old 10-01-2003, 04:26 PM
Fishey
Nordschleife Master

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally posted by NetManiac
Is that the same Jeremy Clarkson who said of the Boxster S?

So which is it?
Yep, Same guy...
I belive you can find th quote in the movie, Head to head or is it no limits? I cannot remember
Old 10-03-2003, 07:29 AM
pjc
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I guess you are either a 911 guy or your not - if you are wavering I guess the answer is clear. The boxter is a modern sportscar designed to be easy to drive relatively quickly and to sell in quantity - hence the need to be an easy driver. The 993 is easier to drive than earlier 911's but still has the grin factor when you get it right. Hear the wail of the air-cooled flat 6 on high revs and tell me you want a Boxter!

Interesting choice tho'

PJC

Quick Reply: Help on 993 vs. 00 Boxster S purchase