Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Red Carrera RS from Vancouver, WA

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2003, 10:54 PM
midwest
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ooops, maybe that is in Portland, not the Pacfic Raceway outside Seattle.
Old 09-22-2003, 11:31 PM
John H
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 69 Likes on 49 Posts

I had the same type thing happen to me in my 2002 996 (guards Red) two days before I sold it in a little town across the river from Huntington WV. Typical deal where I got passed by a "lesser marque"in a known speed trap, stopped at a traffic light, drove 1 mile onto the highway and the cop behind me pulls me over for doing 51 in a 25. I know he clocked me on the entrance ramp to the highway. I asked him why he let me sit through a red light and then drive a mile down the road before he stopped me. While he was back at his car writing me up, I called a friend (who also happens to be a local attorney) and the ticket, well let's just say, I beat the ticket.
Same deal and I feel for you. Big fundraiser now that the economy has turned and the tax well has dried up. When you go to court, it's your word against his but, "he doesn't know you and has no grudge so why would he lie?" Guilty beyond a reasonable doubt?
First, have your attorney file a jury demand. Prosecutors have other things to do besides jury trials for traffic offenses. Second, there's always the hope the cop won't show for a pre trial or other hearing and the case will be dismissed. Third, bury the cop (prosecutor) with discovery requests. You may get lucky and he videotaped the whole thing or he forgot to tune the radar or maybe he is not qualified to operate radar. I have heard tell some local cops certifications expire because they are not that focused on traffic issues. If the prosecutor does not respond to the requests, the Judge should not allow the evidence requested but not provided into evidence. The other thing that can happen is the time runs and you can get off on the failure to give you a speedy trial. Time limits on traffic offenses are much shorter than more serious crimes.

It sucks that you have to go through all of this but hopefully, in the end, you'll beat the ticket. Good luck!
Old 09-22-2003, 11:43 PM
PDX Tim
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

RSA Erick,

Yes, you are correct about that car not being an authentic 964 RS.

I should have asked if the car APPEARED to be a 993 RS or a 964 RS.
Old 09-23-2003, 12:14 AM
RSAErick
Burning Brakes

Received 42 Likes on 1 Post

Originally posted by midwest
Turn 11 at PIR? The last turn is 9 I thought.
You are right... the last turn at PIR (Portland International Raceways - not PR, or Pacific Raceways) would be T9 WITHOUT the chicane/festival curves. WITH the chicane/festival curves, the last turn is T12.

Erick

Quick Reply: Red Carrera RS from Vancouver, WA