Rennlist Member

Received 102 Likes on 67 Posts

Wow. You nailed it. Great job!!!
Old 08-09-2016, 04:21 PM
FLYT993
Rennlist Member

Received 96 Likes on 59 Posts

Originally Posted by mrsullivan
Looks outstanding and most importantly, you made it yours. Bravo.
^^^ agree 993%, magnificent!

Last edited by FLYT993; 08-09-2016 at 04:22 PM. Reason: diction
Old 11-18-2016, 06:51 PM
M. Schneider
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 72 Likes on 59 Posts

Jlaa - -
An astonishing choice in materials, color pallet and execution. .. Man o man, the "Devil is in the details"

Reading through a few posts which call attention to the selection of 928-esque seat aesthetic / architecture. ... Kind-of grasp their position .."As the 911 interior aspects evolve, with the model 993 linear lines are all but abandoned in favor of curved sculptured lines". ...
I dunno, ... I get the poster's alternate point of view. .. But in the end ya have to "feel it" when experiencing a custom 993 interior aesthetic . Your projects execution is gorgeous in an understated, cohesive way. .. Luv the 928-esgue seat enhancement - draws a strong degree of attention, yet ones eye moves on....

You're going to dig the coupes new found Full Leather interior. .. The Full Leather option's presence on the senses .. "ahh" is the same today to that of delivery day. Leather interior, is leather interior, is leather interior! .. All the best, great project.
Old 11-18-2016, 08:54 PM
nile13
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 94 Likes on 60 Posts

I like the end result a lot. Keeping the door panels less busy than originally thought was a great idea. I like the 928-ish seat structure. And the minor, not too much, green accents. Dash looks really good.

The only thing I would change is the steering wheel, but that's subjective. Everything else in teh interior came together very nicely. Great gob!
Old 11-19-2016, 01:47 AM
Jlaa
Rennlist Member

Received 204 Likes on 134 Posts

Originally Posted by M. Schneider
Jlaa - -
Luv the 928-esgue seat enhancement - draws a strong amount of attention, yet ones eye moves on....

Your going to dig the coupes new found Full Leather interior. The Full Leather option's presence on the senses .. "ahh" is the same today to that of delivery day. Leather interior, is leather interior, is leather interior! All the best, great project.
Thanks very much --- I found that the conceptualization process to be agonizing. You have so many things to decide. What color is the leather? What color is the carpet? Do you want a complete match or do you intentionally introduce some aesthetic incongruity? Where do you stitch? Where do you add seams? Where do you subtract seams? What kind of seams? French seams? Flat fell seams? Other seams? Piping? No Piping? Where do you want to introduce different textures ... and where do you want to keep textures uniform? I found the process to be similar to building a house --- the options are virtually limitless but the biggest challenge is in practicing some kind of restraint. If you do too much to one element, then the whole thing becomes too gaudy.

The full leather interior --- Mike you are right, that really amps up the experience a lot. Not only is the smell divine, but the way your fingertips glide across the leather ---- leather yields to the fingertips in a way that vinyl does not. It presents a non-uniform tactility --- your fingertips don't glide across the surface like they would with leather --- your fingertips follow the tiny little nooks and crannies the leather that register in your brain as ever-so-slight yielding the surface of the cow skin with just a tiny little hint of inconsistent friction ...

Anyways I highly suggest this project to anyone who wishes to learn patience. :-)
Old 11-19-2016, 12:13 PM
MarinS4
Rennlist Member

Received 169 Likes on 122 Posts

I really like how it turned out in the end. Great attention to detail.

I will have to look Paul up for my interior project.
Old 11-19-2016, 02:53 PM
M. Schneider
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 72 Likes on 59 Posts
Default Resembles lunacy .... But once you get started ...

Re-reading through "Jlaa's leather project thread" and came across fello mpruden's post. Laughed my **** off. The post is worth a head-of-the-class reprint.

Many a 993 project, service or system enhancement has a similar beginning. LMAO...

Originally Posted by mpruden
Jlaa - it's official. You're nuts. Go for it.
P.S. Considering an enhancement of the 993's headliner, A pillars, etc., to leather, a 993 option at the time. Currently torn between the nuevo faux leather alcantara and OE leather. A selection of alcantara breaks the vintage car Cardinal Rule; Do no harm...
Old 11-19-2016, 07:10 PM
squidge
Pro

Received 87 Likes on 45 Posts

Your attention to detail in this project is really impressive, and the results show. I like it a lot.

Also, thanks for the tip on the LED bulbs. I killed my battery by leaving the engine cover open for about a week without noticing the light. Ordered a set of the bulbs you recommend and will improve my lighting and prevent that from happening again.

Quick Reply: Redoing my grey interior to break up the monotony of all-grey all the time