Pueblo Club Race Videos - Including HWFM Moments

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2003, 01:37 PM
SkipSauls
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Smile Pueblo Club Race Videos - Including HWFM Moments

I made some videos from the 2 sprint races at the Pueblo Club Race, which was my first ever. The event was great, and the videos can only capture a small part of the excitement at the event. PCA Club Racers are a great crowd, the events are very well organized and safe, and it's definitely worth doing if ever have the chance!

Please download these and play them from your local disk for better performance. These are WMVs because my video maker app seems to be having problems creating RealMedia files that are smooth. I also have MPEGs, but they are much larger and would consume too much bandwidth.

First up are a couple of videos that are dedicated to my fellow members of the Hey, Wait For Me Racing Team. I kept the car on the track, shiny side up, and didn't hit anything, but in the first race I definitely had a couple of HWFM Moments.

In this video I had just passed a 993 RS in turn 1 and you can hear that I lift a bit, causing the rear-end to come around. Stupid rookie mistake made worse by having too much air in the rear tires. (2.5M)
Pueblo Club Race 2003, Race 1, HWFM Moment 1

In the second video I drop two wheels at turn 6a, which by itself wouldn't have been too bad. If you look closely as I come back on track, you can see some debris that got under the front tire, making for a bit of excitement. (2M)
Pueblo Club Race 2003, Race 1, HWFM Moment 2

This is the start and first lap of the first race, so you can see what the track looks like. (10.5M)
Pueblo Club Race 2003, Race 1, Lap 1

This is a short segments where a 914 spins at turn 10, which is the most dangerous turn at the track. It's the entry to the main straight, which is a drag strip with surface and traction changes. (1.5M)
Pueblo Club Race 2003, Race 1, 914 Spins

This is me chasing down a couple of Speed Yellow 993s in the first race. I believe that both are 3.8s and are either real RSs or good copies. One of the cars is the one in the HWFM moment 1 video above, on the lap before that takes place. (12M)
Pueblo Club Race 2003, Race 1, Speed Yellow 993s

This is the start of race 2, where you can see how bunched up it can get. I'm not quite as aggressive as some, so I had to make it up by passing them later. (5.5M)
Pueblo Club Race 2003, Race 2, Start

This is one of the passes where I take the inside line and get the better of another GT-2S car. (8.5M)
Pueblo Club Race 2003, Race 2, Passing

This is a pass of the same SY 993 RS, this time with no problems. The driver of this car is very good and I had to work hard to pass him, even though he's in a C car and I'm in a GT-2S. (11.5M)
Pueblo Club Race 2003, Race 2, Passing 2

Woohoo!

Last edited by SkipSauls; 09-16-2003 at 02:36 PM.
Old 09-16-2003, 02:41 PM
SkipSauls
Addict
Rennlist Member

(Edited to use WMVs instead of the MPEGS, doh!)
Old 09-16-2003, 02:50 PM
kev
Darth Cup
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey Skip,

That was fun! Thanks!

I've been negotiating with the wife harder than Colin Powell at the UN to go to Hallet next month, so maybe I'll see you then. Thinking about giving the club racing school a try.

Bet you can't wait till October, huh?
Old 09-17-2003, 12:19 AM
SkipSauls
Addict
Rennlist Member

Hi Kev,

I hope that you can make Hallett and wish you luck in the negotiations with the wife. Maybe we'll see some other rennlisters there. I've heard that Hallett is a great track, with some really interesting elevation changes.

Up to a dozen folks from Colorado are going to Hallett, and at least one friend of mine is planning on attending the Club Racing School. It should be a blast!

Quick Reply: Pueblo Club Race Videos - Including HWFM Moments