Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Headlight problem

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2015, 01:40 AM
KeninBlaine
Drifting

Received 29 Likes on 15 Posts

I spent more time this afternoon and finally have it working. I first removed the fixed connector from the car and plugged it into the headlight fixture. It worked intermittently. The 2 leads between my ballast and headlight had 3 sets of connectors which appeared suspect, so I cut out all 3 and installed 1 set of new ones (there was far too much wire anyway). It then worked fine when I manually connected the fixture. But it wouldn't work when I put the fixed connector back into its mounting inside, suggesting that it wasn't mating properly with the fixture. I tried many times, and ended up having to remove the fender liner so I could guide the connector into the housing as my friend inserted the headlight fixture. What a PITA. There should be a better system for ensuring the connector gets guided into the fixture properly. I suppose I should have tried some WD-40 on the rubber to see if that helped. Anyway, all is well now. Thanks for all the assistance and suggestions here.
Old 07-21-2015, 03:26 PM
Foxman
Rennlist Member

Received 547 Likes on 399 Posts

Glad to hear that it all got sorted out. Sounds like it was a real PIA.

Jim
Old 07-21-2015, 03:30 PM
KeninBlaine
Drifting

Received 29 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by Foxman
Glad to hear that it all got sorted out. Sounds like it was a real PIA.

Jim
Thanks Jim. BTW, and off topic here, have you finished your radio mod yet? If so, would appreciate your comments on the other thread.
Old 07-21-2015, 04:13 PM
Endoman
Pro

Received 54 Likes on 36 Posts

A tip:- if you have a problem sating the connector remove the arch liner you can then manouver the socket. I had to replace one (same as Boxter and others ) but a right pia.
Old 07-21-2015, 04:53 PM
Foxman
Rennlist Member

Received 547 Likes on 399 Posts

Originally Posted by keninirvine
Thanks Jim. BTW, and off topic here, have you finished your radio mod yet? If so, would appreciate your comments on the other thread.
Hi Ken,

I've been sidetracked for a bit working on my C4, but I am sending the unit out to Eddie at Becker tomorrow for the upgrade. The cost is about $100 for the modification to run a line out the back of the unit (no unsightly jack on the face of the unit), and $40 to check and upgrade the software as necessary for better sound. Will keep you posted.

Jim

Quick Reply: Headlight problem