Sponsored by:

Water Breach/Footwells

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2015, 07:36 PM
GoodDocPCar
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Water Breach/Footwells

Generally hand wash my car. When out on road trip and need a touch up on a hand full of occasions then I use touchless wash (understanding that detergents are still bad but at least nothing touches the paint). Just did this and had water rush into the passenger and driver footwells through dash. Has anyone had this happen before? Is this a leak through vent or windscreen do you reckon?
Old 05-23-2015, 08:20 PM
Endoman
Pro

Received 54 Likes on 36 Posts

By "touchless", I presume a pressure wash? Most likely water has entered cold air intake between wipers and drain was not able to cope, they sometimes get blocked with debris.
Old 05-24-2015, 01:03 AM
GoodDocPCar
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Very helpful. Strange that the water makes its way from the intake under the dash. Is it easy for a novice to get into that area to clear out any debris? I apologize in advance for the silly question.
Old 05-24-2015, 10:03 AM
95_993
Race Car

Received 560 Likes on 378 Posts

The drain under the car where A/C condensation is likely clogged. Easy access from underneath the car and use a iittle compressed air to unclog. Happens on many other types of cars. I had to unclog the hose on wife's Toyota years back and use a "foaming cleaner" which was used to clean out all the gunk that had formed in the ducts. Result....clean, fresh air and no more water in the passenger compartment.

I was actually able to source the A/c duct cleaner through Toyota for like $20. The parts guy had to ask if he could sell it to a consumer. Said that the techs used a ton of it, but I was the first person to ever come in off the street to request. Einzett also makes something similar but would have had to order online and wait a few days...easier to find it locally at a Toyota dealer. Worked awesome. Spray in through the drain tube, it foams up and clings to along the funk, 3 min later the foam rapidly converts to a liquid and all the nasty stuff comes running out the tube. Repeat.

Quick Reply: Water Breach/Footwells