993 Forum 1995-1998

No front plate-pulled over in VA

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2013, 11:21 AM
hkspwrsche
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default No front plate-pulled over in VA

They finally got me. A trooper on 288 raising revenue on my way back from cars and coffee Saturday.

Looking at the rennline option for the front plate. My buddy has a hideaway plate on his Z but I think my turbo bumper is not shaped well for that.

I wrote my reps earlier this year about getting rid of the front plate. Charge the same save the money for the state and get rid of the stupid requirement.

Oh well. If youre in VA look out for troopers if your not running a plate because they know they are just hadnign out a bill for revenue.

Last edited by hkspwrsche; 04-08-2013 at 11:23 AM. Reason: spelling ...hope I got it all
Old 04-08-2013, 11:35 AM
Triple G
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Ha. I was pulled over this morning on my way to work.

Went all last year without an issue. Caught me on my second time out this year. No ticket though
Old 04-08-2013, 11:37 AM
SchnellAuto
Former Vendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

here..if your in a stock car,usually, they leave you alone..they have the hots for Ricer's ..When i started as such, back in the 20 years back, i got a ton of those fix it tickets..

Lemon
Old 04-08-2013, 11:55 AM
Roche993
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Five years and going strong for me in VA. No issues so far but...

I put it on for yearly inspections and just cant seem to want to leave it on there. Not very flattering for the front of the car, that's for sure.
Old 04-08-2013, 12:03 PM
Sweeper
Burning Brakes

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by hkspwrsche
They finally got me. A trooper on 288 raising revenue on my way back from cars and coffee Saturday.

Looking at the rennline option for the front plate. My buddy has a hideaway plate on his Z but I think my turbo bumper is not shaped well for that.

I wrote my reps earlier this year about getting rid of the front plate. Charge the same save the money for the state and get rid of the stupid requirement.

Oh well. If youre in VA look out for troopers if your not running a plate because they know they are just hadnign out a bill for revenue.

+111 Rennline tow hook mounted
Old 04-08-2013, 12:06 PM
Mister C
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 4 Posts

If this happens to me I would consider duck taping it to the front bumper to clear out the fix-it ticket and then taking it back off.
Old 04-08-2013, 12:35 PM
hkspwrsche
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I'm looking around for photos of the rennline or the tractor mower guy plates. Just to see how they look first. Cant decide.

I went for a long time on every sports car I've had for years. I have only gotten one other no front plate ticket in MD in Ellicott City when I lived there.
Old 04-08-2013, 12:37 PM
Rinty
Drifting

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by hkspwrsche
...I think my turbo bumper is not shaped well for that.
I saw a recent post by a Rennlister who had tucked his plate into the grill of his turbo bumper. It was centred, and looked pretty clean.
Old 04-08-2013, 12:53 PM
Sweeper
Burning Brakes

Rennline tow hook front license plate mount

top view

[IMG][/IMG]

Front view

[IMG][/IMG]

side view

[IMG][/IMG]
Old 04-08-2013, 12:56 PM
craig001
Drifting

Received 67 Likes on 51 Posts

Amazon has these
Show N Go License Plate Holder : Amazon.com : Automotive Show N Go License Plate Holder : Amazon.com : Automotive
for under $50 and they also sell an electrified version if you so not want to walk to the front of your car. I have the Tractor Mower set-up but have not put it on yet to take a pic. Of course you will need to order some Bumper Plugs to fill the existing holed if you have them.
Old 04-08-2013, 12:58 PM
Kika
Nordschleife Master

Received 79 Likes on 60 Posts

I don't know if this would have worked or not, but keep the plate in your trunk, along with a bra.

"Officer, I removed the plate because I had the bra on the car for a long trip, and the plate will not allow the bra to fit on the car properly, I will install the plate as soon as I get back home."*

*I do not advocate lying to any law enforcement officer, however an unspecified amount of time may have passed between the "trip" and the present time...YMMV

I did not like the looks of the Rennline bracket from pictures, but I saw a Rennlisters car with one recently, and in person it looks better than the pictures IMHO.
Old 04-08-2013, 01:06 PM
Sweeper
Burning Brakes

Yes, I hate the look of any plate on the front of a 911.

I live on the border with New Hampshire, and is where i take most of my country rides. It takes 20 seconds or less to remove it and replace with the stock bumper cover. Ta Daaaa

I live next door to a MA state policeman. SOOO, I leave it on around Mass..
Old 04-08-2013, 01:22 PM
Cowhorn
Rennlist Member

Received 13 Likes on 6 Posts

OP, what is the sticker on your windshield?
Old 04-08-2013, 01:32 PM
Knight
Drifting

Received 74 Likes on 42 Posts

Originally Posted by Rinty
I saw a recent post by a Rennlister who had tucked his plate into the grill of his turbo bumper. It was centred, and looked pretty clean.
A few have done this on Rennlist, I believe it was MikeJ's original idea and I think it's one of the best looks. Downside it requires you to trim the plate, but it does look very clean, especially if you use a bracket. Simply drill holes in the bracket and zip tie from behind - a bit tricky but easily doable.
Attached Images  
Old 04-08-2013, 01:52 PM
AOW162435
Seared
Rennlist Member

Received 407 Likes on 229 Posts

I've tried to attach mine to the bumper for the last 7.5 years, but it keeps falling off...

Andreas

Quick Reply: No front plate-pulled over in VA