Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

E-BAY 993 Cup Suspension

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2003 | 12:02 AM
DannyboySmith
Advanced

Lightbulb E-BAY 993 Cup Suspension

No affiliation...but it looks like an awsome suspension for somebody who traks their beast. How does it compare to the bilstein PPSS-9?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...tem=2430866886

Old 09-05-2003 | 12:57 AM
poorb0yw
Addict
Rennlist Member

Yep I was looking at it too. Hope it doesn't go too high hehe.
Old 09-05-2003 | 02:08 AM
Martin S.
Rennlist Member

Based on my extensive experience with 993 suspensions, I am recommending that you not buy this suspension. It will knock your teeth out on the street and clunk and rattle a bit as well

Now since I am 80% deaf, and have no teeth, it will be perfect for me!!!
Old 09-05-2003 | 02:14 AM
ca993twin
Nordschleife Master

Martin, you sly dog. Seriously, is this too harsh for a street-driven car? I would think the monoballs might be a bit much. How do the spring rates and adjustibility compare to the PSS-9s? Come on; the truth.

Instead of having Rennlisters bid against each other, we can nominate one Rennlister to go after the suspension. I'll pick a number between 1 and 100, and we'll let the guy that guesses closest, bid on the kit. Fair? OK... I have the number. Start making guesses.

Oh, and lookie there. The seller is right around the corner from me!
Old 09-05-2003 | 02:37 AM
Steve Weiner-Rennsport Systems
RL Technical Advisor

Steve O.F.E:

Martin is right on and thats very sound advice.

That's the old non-adjustable RSR suspension. We used to race, sell & install a LOT of these systems and we had to revalve all the shocks and reconfigure the whole spring package for street use.

We also had to redo the internal bump stops since these struts & shocks are about 2" shorter than stock or PSS-9's, and they must be set at an impractically low ride height for most people.

Even if you get them revalved, my very best advice to you (or anyone) would be to pass on these for any street usage and do the right thing; save up for the PSS-9's.

If something is worth doing, its worth doing right and its less expensive, to boot,...
Old 09-05-2003 | 02:11 PM
ca993twin
Nordschleife Master

Steve (Weiner, I'm not writing to myself),

The seller responded to my question with the same comments. This really is a race-only setup. I have a line on a very low mileage (4000 miles) PSS-9 setup from a rennlister who is moving on to the fancy-shmancy race setup (Moton? Something like that). I have dibs on the PSS-9 setup when it comes off his car this winter. I'm starting to "complain" about the "safety issues" with my worn-ouy (57,000 miles) OEM shocks to my wife. Then, when I tell her I found a bargain priced replacement, she'll be primed up.

See you at the German Carfest.
Old 09-05-2003 | 02:18 PM
swftiii
Addict
Rennlist Member

Steve (ca993Twin),

I took the same approach with my wife. I've been dropping the hints now for about 6 months and she has agreed so I can do the suspension this winter. I already have the PSS9s, but will be ordering the remaining parts soon (RS Sways & Weiner Rear Hats).

Horray for planning ahead.

-Skip

Quick Reply: E-BAY 993 Cup Suspension