Sponsored by:

selling advice for my 993

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2015 | 08:50 PM
pirahna
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Sybco
Dr No, since you are clearly one of the experts here, you are surely making me a fair or even great offer. unfortunately , I don't yet have my membership dues paid so i couldnt possibly face the outrage of fellow RL'ers of such an unethical sale
Dr. No doesn't have a clue. I am much more generous and would give you NADA retail on it because I feel bad for the way our fellow members treated you. And because I'm such a nice guy I would even sponsor your membership for a year after you complete the sale to me so you could keep a clean conscience.
Old 04-03-2015 | 09:07 PM
Obie1
Instructor

Welcome back. Many replies but few answering the simple question that you asked so here goes...........My guess would be $41-43K based on the information. I could give a rats *** about memberships and all the other crappy responses. This site is supposed to be about supporting and helping like-minded car enthusiasts.

I can never understand why people exert sooo much energy to bitch about little things.

JD
Old 04-03-2015 | 09:31 PM
Todynot
Burning Brakes

I would go along with the high 30's to low 40's target, depending on condition. It looks pretty good, but are you certain the paint is all original? It's missing stone guards and the rear Carrera script, so just asking.
Old 04-03-2015 | 10:08 PM
David A
Rennlist Member

Also to give you an idea, I have my 95 C2 coupe currently listed in the classified and I was offered $39K.
Old 04-03-2015 | 11:32 PM
Sybco
Track Day

Yep, all original. I had the stone guards removed due to there poor appearance, just never got around to replacing them. The back script I have, , I can't recall the reason why it was off when I purchased, but I liked the looks without it. With all I have read, I'm having second thoughts about selling. Now Trying to justify having 2 p cars in the family. ..sure that's a whole other thread
Old 04-04-2015 | 12:08 AM
certz
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Quadcammer
I'm terrified.

Let me know when you are at watkins. I'll come up and we can fight.
You are correct that I have nothing to be concerned about from a coward. It is 5/29-31, though, since you cannot do your own research.
Old 04-04-2015 | 12:44 AM
bobboinski
Racer

Originally Posted by Sybco
Yep, all original. I had the stone guards removed due to there poor appearance, just never got around to replacing them. The back script I have, , I can't recall the reason why it was off when I purchased, but I liked the looks without it. With all I have read, I'm having second thoughts about selling. Now Trying to justify having 2 p cars in the family. ..sure that's a whole other thread
Lately it's an appreciating asset. The more the better!
Old 04-04-2015 | 12:59 AM
Ed Hughes
Rennlist Member

The membership fee is often argued about, and is polarizing. To me, this is a FS ad, and I gotta believe there are PM's in the OP's mailbox already, or there soon will be.

If there wasn't the rule about membership being required to post FS threads, we'd be in a traffic jam of FS threads from all sorts of wayward and unknown souls stopping by to unload whatever.

Sorry, but even though the OP has a 2011 join date, it seems all of his activity is on this thread, which feeds fuel to this fire.
Old 04-04-2015 | 04:04 AM
Mark Harris
Rennlist Member

If I ever decide to sell my 993 I'm going to let my membership lapse and post a what's my car worth thread here just for the entertainment factor.
Old 04-04-2015 | 08:19 AM
flyingchappy
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Mark Harris
If I ever decide to sell my 993 I'm going to let my membership lapse and post a what's my car worth thread here just for the entertainment factor.
+993
Old 04-04-2015 | 09:09 AM
NYC993
Drifting

Originally Posted by certz
I have seen your posts before, you hide behind your keyboard and trash people at will. The difference is I would not hesitate to call you a douche bag and more to your face. Your are what is wrong with this site - trash others and never give good recommendations. I do not get to NJ but I will be at the Watkins Glen club race with the car in my avatar. Come over and say hi.
By the way...you started name calling for no particular reason.

Quad gave plenty good advice. Who cares about memebership? It costs cents to maintain a web site. The problem with this place is everybody is too lazy to google their questions before posting. Kinda gets boring typing the same **** over and over.
Old 04-04-2015 | 09:12 AM
TMc993
Rennlist Member

There's a simple, effective way to deal with any thread you don't like...Ignore it. Read as far as you need to comprehend the nature of the thread and if you don't like it then leave the page without comment. With zero replies, it will drop off the list like a stone.

Last edited by TMc993; 04-04-2015 at 09:40 AM.
Old 04-04-2015 | 09:47 AM
certz
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by NYC993
By the way...you started name calling for no particular reason.

Quad gave plenty good advice. Who cares about memebership? It costs cents to maintain a web site. The problem with this place is everybody is too lazy to google their questions before posting. Kinda gets boring typing the same **** over and over.
NYC - what I did was pick at a general attitude about these threads. I did not highlight someone's opinion and trash them. There is a difference, but I can see your point. It was my intention to point out to the OP why he was not getting helpful responses, but I apologize to anyone that took offense to having that attitude and being called a yahoo. As for the unprovoked attack on my comment I am also happy to meet that person for further discussion or he could apologize. Either way works for me, but I expect neither. It has become second nature for people like quad to trash people indiscriminately because there are no consequences. The mods don't care and, what I find is funny, is that when someone stands up to these people they become the bad guy. Anyway, the OP is likely long gone as this has derailed, which I take my portion of fault for. Hopefully he finds answers elsewhere or better yet decides to keep his 993.
Old 04-04-2015 | 10:33 AM
Sybco
Track Day

Actually still here. Though my initial intentions were as I stated., I certainly see how the flip side sees this. I seriously assumed the enthusiast that would respond to this would do so based on knowledge of the real maRket value. Never clicked in my mine how my OP could been seen as a for sale ad...I do now though!
Ed- I have gladly updated and paid for my membership,,,hopefully most will now understand my initial intentions were honest .
Old 04-04-2015 | 10:45 AM
Opo
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by Mark Harris

Quick Reply: selling advice for my 993