Notices
993 Forum 1995-1998
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Does RennSport Really Exist outside of this Board?

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2002, 05:41 PM
smithk993
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post Does RennSport Really Exist outside of this Board?

I have tried to contact RennSport Systems a number of times over the past couple of weeks through numerous E-Mails and voice Mails at the number on the website with no luck. No return phone calls, no return E-mails.

I see them frequently posting on this site.

Does anyone know how to reach these folks?

I am trying to resolve a stalling situation with a 1995 993 US coupe with a RS flywheel. Have installed an Autothority Chip that was supposed to correct the problem. It hasn't completely eliminated the stalling. They said they have set the idle parameter to the maximum setting and there is nothing that can be done. They claim that Rennsport buys chips from them. There only suggestion was to remove/clean/replace the idle stabilizer.

The car has 41K miles and seems to be in great tune except for the stalling problem when the clutch is depressed when coming to a stop. (happens one out of 10 times).

Would really like to talk with Rennsport as they seem to be the experts on this site if only I could contact them!!!

Thanks for the insights...
Old 01-03-2002, 06:04 PM
cargraphicusa
AutoX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Steve is usually pretty good at returning phone calls, it is possible that he is on vacation, best bet is to leave a message on his machine,

Good Luck
Hershel Zelcer
Cargraphic USA
Old 01-03-2002, 06:09 PM
Martin S.
Rennlist Member

Received 524 Likes on 346 Posts
Try Steve Weiner @ Rennsport, Portland, OR (503)244-0990. Steve is a very busy guy. We get his expertise when he has time. I called this number and got the answering machine. On the message a digital pager number is mentioned.

Steve is very good at solving the problems you have mentioned.
Old 01-03-2002, 06:47 PM
bet
Drifting

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
If you use the email in Steve's signature line he will get back to you promptly. I have used this method on a couple of occassions with great success.
Old 01-03-2002, 09:49 PM
Joe@Fabspeed
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 43 Likes on 19 Posts
Hi Keith. You said the stalling has not been eliminated "completely" by the Autothority chip in your 1995 993.

My advice to you is that virtually no-one has come out with a chip that 100% eliminates a 993/964 stalling when the 19lb lighter RS flywheel is used in a 964 or 993 normally aspirated engine. Several firms and most probably Autothority has provide that successfully & significantly........but let me tell you that if you jump on the brake and or have the A/C going hard and have to come to a quick complete FULL stop NOW!...you still have to blip the throotle or she will stall. I have a 1995 993 and a custom chip and its doesnt stall very much and is a big improvement.......but if a dog/cat/ball/car jumps out and I nail the brakes...i used the stall like mad. The new chip alleviates it bigtime BUT she will still die if I dont roll my ankle.

Let me know and maybe I can help you out as I am here 24/7. There are many players out there that never get back you... you right MR H.Z.
joe fabPerformance for the Next Millenium!
www.Fabspeed.com

P: 215-646-4945
F: 215-646-9828

Exotic Car Performance Experts
Porsche, Ferrari, Lamborghini, McLaren, Maserati, Bentley, Aston Martin, BMW, Audi and Jaguar.

31 year PCA Club member supporter
14 year Ferrari Club member
1st ever financial supporter of Porsche Fans/ Rennlist

Quick Reply: Does RennSport Really Exist outside of this Board?