Notices
993 Forum 1995-1998
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How the heck to I remove this fiddly ABS Relay Cover?

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2015, 02:07 PM
Jlaa
Rennlist Member

Received 207 Likes on 137 Posts
Default How the heck to I remove this fiddly ABS Relay Cover?

My apologies - I feel like an idiot.

I have an intermittent "Dashboard ABS Light On" issue and as a first step I'd just like to try cleaning and reseating the ABS relays for good measure. I read through these threads:

https://rennlist.com/forums/993-foru...-comes-on.html
https://rennlist.com/forums/993-foru...-on-today.html

So I get to the relays in question on the US passenger side of the spare tire well --- how the %$#@%$#@ do I remove this cover so that I can get to the relays? By using a plastic lever I can "unseat" the plastic cover and slide the plastic black cover up by 1" but then the stupid triangular metal thing blocks the cover from moving anymore.

What the heck am I doing wrong?

Many thanks!

Old 03-06-2015, 06:36 PM
nine9six
Banned

Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts

Can you use the 90 degree offset plastic tool on the opposite side of the relay cover?
Old 03-06-2015, 08:36 PM
Jlaa
Rennlist Member

Received 207 Likes on 137 Posts

Originally Posted by nine9six
Can you use the 90 degree offset plastic tool on the opposite side of the relay cover?
Thanks I figured it out. The 90 degree tool is used to unlatch the cover, then you can slide the cover 1" up until the metal triangle blocks further movement. Then you bend the %$#%# out of the plastic cover until you think its going to break.
Then you attempt to pull the cover off, and then you bend the %$#@%$#@ out of it some more until you are sure that its going to be a $300 day. And then you slide it off, clear of the metal triangle.

What a POS design!!!!!

Quick Reply: How the heck to I remove this fiddly ABS Relay Cover?