Notices
993 Forum 1995-1998
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How do i find a buyers agent or broker for a car.

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2001, 02:46 PM
B-Line home
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post How do i find a buyers agent or broker for a car.

someone recommended I do this to find a car.
I was wondering if anyone had a good agent/broker they could recommend in the S. Florida region..
thanks.
Old 12-29-2001, 03:01 PM
Chris C.
Rennlist Member

Received 536 Likes on 282 Posts
B-line:

Often these are the local "corner-lot" specialty used car dealers in your town. You should find one you trust, and one who's willing to work closely with you (literally and figuratively-$$) to find the right car.

I have a friend who buys used BMWs for a living--he has offered to broker a car for me in the past. Use the Champion guys on LI if you trust them.

Any of the dealers in the Dupont will offer to "find just the right car for you." The question is how closely they will work with you on margins. It is a relationship-based thing.

Chris C Atlanta
Old 12-29-2001, 03:18 PM
mka428
Intermediate

Wink

B-Line, What car are you looking for ? Maybe we can help...

Regards,
Matt
Old 12-29-2001, 03:38 PM
bet
Drifting

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
B-Line,

I can highly recommend Brian Buxton of Buxton Motorsports. He is very knowledgeable and runs a very honest operation. He has helped many people on the Rennlist find or sell their car (ask around about his reputation, you won’t be disappointed). He has many contacts and probably can find exactly what you want. (no affiliation just a satisfied customer, etc....) His web site is www.buxtonmotorsports.com He also is the founder and former president of the Southern Indiana Region of PCA. He knows and loves Porsche automobiles. Good luck on your search.
Old 12-29-2001, 05:55 PM
Will
Addict
Rennlist Member

I'll second the comments about Brian Buxton. I bought a very nice Carrera S from him, and the transaction was very straightforward. He runs a tight ship and loves Porsches.

BTW, I first connected with Brian by sending in a request to ThaList. I immediately got back quite a few useful leads, including the car I eventually bought. I'd give ThaList a try. Go to www.thalist.com and fill out the car locator form, putting in as much detail as you can about what you want.

Will
Old 12-29-2001, 10:11 PM
Jack667
Rennlist Member

Received 113 Likes on 60 Posts
Here's another lead: http://www.europeanlocators.com
It seems that I have heard some good things, but I don't know of any clients. Also - not sure how large of a geography they cover. But you should check the site as there are some "S" cars listed...
Jack
Old 12-31-2001, 12:53 PM
J-McDonald
Pro

You may want to contact Steve Waldie (in the New Jersey area):

Steve Waldie
609-324-8255 home
609-577-7976 cell
732-985-9090 office
Hilinecar@aol.com

I spoke with him before buying my car ('91 C2 cab). He seemed very knowledgable, but I ended up buying my car from a local dealer, so didn't actually use him.
Old 01-02-2002, 02:10 PM
JL
Intermediate

Although I didn't buy a car from him, I found Ricahrd Sloan to have a great selection and more importantly he gave a fair and honest description of every car we spoke about. He is somewhere between a broker and a private seller as he maintains a large collection. His prices are a little high, but most are in line for the quality of the cars he carries.(203)675-3235 RichardSloan@aol.com
Additionally, I found ALOT of great listings from Phil's Porsche Market Letter (http://www.pmletter.com/) Phil is a great guy and if you are nice enough he will fax/email you the most recent listings when you subscribe so you don't have to wait a month for your subscription to start
Finding a car can certainly be frustrating, and a broker certainly makes it easier, however the fun of the search and the cost savings can make it worthwhile to take the time to find one privately- but everyone's priorities are different!
Regards,
Jordan

Jordan

Quick Reply: How do i find a buyers agent or broker for a car.