Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2015, 11:57 AM
Ridin Dirty
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Rennsters beware of Victory Motors Texas

ONE WEEK AGO:

Winning bid for 993 cab from Victory Motors on ebay. Item # 371239680209

Within 24 hours I contacted them to give a deposit. A deposit must be received within 3 days of the auction end....within the 3 day period (the second day actually) they informed me it will cost 4k more than my winning bid.

I have dealer admitting in writing on ebay messaging that.......... "the transmission broke the day the auction ended" ....... "if you still want the car it will be 38500"

I allege that:

This ploy can be used on any auction....if you don't get the bid you want just say the car suffered a catastrophic failure conveniently just after the auction ended. That is overt fraud.

VICTORY MOTORS Houston, Texas.......Tangible, irrefutable, sleazeballs !!!!!

TODAY:

Here we go again............

It's for sale again. Wow! its miraculous!!!! they must have changed out the entire transmission in just one week.

Last week it needed a new transmission and they wanted 4k more than my winning bid....so I could not buy it. Now its for sale again....you all don't think they were being less than honest about the transmission?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Porsche-911-...US_Cars_Trucks
Old 02-13-2015, 12:07 PM
boman993
Drifting

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

These guys have a pretty long rap sheet on RL for being shady. Luckily you didn't buy the car ~ can you imagine what kind of crap you'd have to deal with if there was some sort of problem after you picked it up?

When I was searching for my car 4-5 years ago, I kept bumping into "Beware of Victory" threads here and on Pelican. Worse thing I read was them selling cars with service records that didn't correspond to the car! Who knows what else they're up to...Super sketchy.

Keep searching!! Your car is out there!
Old 02-13-2015, 12:17 PM
FGL28
Anjin San
Rennlist Member

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Did you report them to EBay?
Old 02-13-2015, 12:39 PM
pirahna
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 609 Likes on 385 Posts

Hard to get a worse reputation than Victory Motors. They are trying to compete with Motor Meister for worst rep on the internet.
Old 02-13-2015, 12:54 PM
AOW162435
Seared
Rennlist Member

Received 415 Likes on 233 Posts

Originally Posted by pirahna
Hard to get a worse reputation than Victory Motors.

+993

Andreas
Old 02-13-2015, 01:21 PM
Donster
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Consider yourself fortunate you didn't buy a car from Victory. Imagine the headaches if you had.
EBay is not the best place to look for a car- full of shady dealers and tire-kickers who bid up cars but don't have the cash. Shill bidding is rampant.

If you are going to use ebay, also beware Goodman-Reed. I negotiated a price on a car with them last year, only to have it fail inspection. It was clearly misrepresented by Barrett Goodman. Then followed the usual sleazy sales crap with another (nonexistent) buyer who wanted the car at full price if I didn't, etc. I told him to get lost. Surprise, surprise, the car was relisted a week later, once again misrepresented in terms of its condition. I consider myself lucky to have gotten out of the deal for only the cost of a PPI.

These guys are all over eBay. Buyer beware.
Old 02-13-2015, 01:24 PM
pp000830
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 1,509 Likes on 1,065 Posts
Default It's called buyer beware!

We just misunderstand Victory's sales strategy. The don't want winners on eBay. They want the auction to close without a winner so one of the high bidders enquires about the car after the fact. The real issue is how reliable an inspection can you get from them or any local inspection vendor before the sale? The best solution for any remote buy is to negotiate the price contingent on an inspection, defining what you will be inspecting and then fly down and look at the car. Lets face it, buying a fifteen year or older car without personally inspecting it and driving it around a little is a train wreck in the making. This is why Porsche dealers don't offer factory backed warranties/service contracts on 993s and haven't for a long long time.
Andy
Old 02-13-2015, 01:59 PM
justin993
Three Wheelin'

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

That's a shame, these guys had a great reputation here on rennlist
Old 02-13-2015, 02:01 PM
Porsh-nut
Advanced

Agree with their sketchiness! I have reached out to them on 2 cars over the last few months (before knowing the full scope of their reputation) requesting specific copies of service records they claimed to have. After saying they would email everything to me immediately ... nothing!! Called them back to ask where the info was, and they simply claimed (on both occasions, mind you) to have sent it ... it was blamed on issues with my email account because they run in to that "all the time."

I think sending records that did't exist was really the problem ...
Old 02-13-2015, 02:05 PM
justin993
Three Wheelin'

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

The stories about these guys never cease to amaze me
Old 02-13-2015, 02:10 PM
Porsh-nut
Advanced

Originally Posted by pp000830
We just misunderstand Victory's sales strategy. The don't want winners on eBay. They want the auction to close without a winner so one of the high bidders enquires about the car after the fact. The real issue is how reliable an inspection can you get from them or any local inspection vendor before the sale? The best solution for any remote buy is to negotiate the price contingent on an inspection, defining what you will be inspecting and then fly down and look at the car. Lets face it, buying a fifteen year or older car without personally inspecting it and driving it around a little is a train wreck in the making. This is why Porsche dealers don't offer factory backed warranties/service contracts on 993s and haven't for a long long time.
Andy
+1 This is the only real way to know for sure what you're getting into. I took this exact course last Friday ... landed in the morning with a good friend (who happens to be a good indie), inspected and drove the car for a few hours, and flew home that night knowing exactly what I might be getting in to. In final negotiations right now as a matter of fact ...

Oh yeah, where did I inspect the car? Houston! Minutes away from Victory ... unfortunately, didn't even think of giving them a call.
Old 02-13-2015, 02:20 PM
six gun
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by pp000830
Andy
Words of wisdom Andy, I could never understand why anyone willing to pay $40K + for a 20 yr. old car, $300 + for a PPI and not take the time to inspect it themselves.
Old 02-13-2015, 02:56 PM
uicnick
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

That's total BS, I'd ID the guy on here and post the message on here.

I hate these used car tactics. I bought my car on ebay 5 years ago, the auction was a buy it now or best offer. I put in a reasonable offer. Instead of countering, the seller came back and messaged me to increase the offer by $500 to outbid another guy. I knew I had it at point because he had a set time period to accept my offer, and if he countered, there was a chance I wouldn't accept his offer. Just another tactic to be aware of. In the end I didn't respond at all and he accepted my offer just before it expired!
Old 02-13-2015, 02:56 PM
Sam P
Advanced

Default Victory

I purchased my 993 from them and am very happy with the car and how I was treated . Robert sold a Cayman I had on consignment for a fair price and then we sourced a car . they bought it . sorted it out and delivered it to me. for a fair price also.

Thanks
Sam
Old 02-13-2015, 03:46 PM
kjr914
Drifting

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by FGL28
Did you report them to EBay?
^^^do THIS! Tell them you want your car at that price with a working transmission, as was specified in the advertised auction. You won an auction. They have as much requirement to fulfill their obligation as you do on your end. Please make them have to deal with eBay on this...the only way such bs will ever end is to make them hurt (time and money).

And if you had searched here on RL993, you would have bypassed them entirely due to their reputation. RLer Sam P had a good experience, but the average is well below good.

Quick Reply: Rennsters beware of Victory Motors Texas