Notices
993 Forum 1995-1998
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Better Bodies (experience) in san diego...?

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2003, 03:44 AM
24FPS
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Question Better Bodies (experience) in san diego...?

hey listers----------> was checking out www.betterbodiesmotorsport.com & noticed some nice"$"deals on splitters, spoilers etc... wanted to know if anyone has ever had any experience w/ their product. i was thinking they might be kinda crappy(?) because as the old saying goes-----"ya get what ya pay for"--- rings in my ears as i see low prices.

but was just checking as i'm looking for some splitters... also, i saw on their site the $500 techart-style front end... & i'm thinking am i dreaming or what?

thoughts??? anybody w/ good or bad experience @ betterbodies ?

thanks for the help!!!
Old 08-27-2003, 10:59 AM
viperbob
Former Vendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sure you can save a few dollars up front, but you wind up spending twice as much labor for fit and finish. I have a BB wing and an MA Shaw wing and there is a big difference in construction, quality, and thickness. Persoanally, I have never been disappointed with MA Shaws pieces. I have also heard horror stories about other companies products...
Old 08-27-2003, 12:04 PM
Mike W
Addict
Rennlist Member

I must agree with Viperbob, I have MA Shaw S wing and it looks great. Quality top notch for a non porsche piece. Mike W
Old 08-27-2003, 03:02 PM
avillena
Instructor

Bought my Euro RS wing about a year ago, perfect fit, no problem at all. I've seen most of their product and it's comparable to most after market. Good luck.

Andrew
96 Blk/Blk Targa
Old 08-27-2003, 03:34 PM
jw97C2S
Racer

I purchased a new TechArt bumper from a certain TechArt distributor in Fla and it was in such bad shape when I received it (very poor paint, poorly packed & damaged) that I wouldn't recommend anyone buying it new either. The whole transaction was a nightmare! I've always heard good comments about MA Shaw though.

Jim
Old 08-28-2003, 07:37 AM
24FPS
Drifting

Cool

thanks for the feedback---------> although i've seen ma-shaw's site i've never seen their product... but i think what i'll do is go down & take a look & then make the purchase... maybe even take a quick top-down trip to s.d./betterbodies & see for myself. but all-around i've heard nothing but good things re: shaw.... so i'll check 'em out first, as quality workmanship is my main "thing."

mahalo.

r.
Old 07-01-2007, 07:23 AM
s2racer
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 17 Likes on 12 Posts

hello all....looking for an update: any recent feedback regarding quality of better bodies versus mashaw and getty (or anyone else for that matter)? bb has the euro rs wing for sale, but i'd prefer to get the quality fit if another supplier is better. (disclaimer: not interested in flaming bb, just want to get the best possible parts). also, is there an opinion regarding the fiberglass/non-oem wings and the florida heat? i don't generally park the car outside for a long period, and my mechanic mentioned concerns about some products having issues with the sun/heat we have down here.

thx
Old 07-01-2007, 08:30 AM
CROME
Banned

Default I JUST ORDER THE BRIDGE WING FROM MA SHAW

HI
waiting for my (BRIDGE WING) rear spoiler from MA SHAW
for my RED 1996 PORSCHE 993 /C4
looks like they have TOP NOTCH QUALITY
this might help

crome
ft.lauderdale florida
Old 07-01-2007, 12:23 PM
mbb993
Instructor

I bought my rear wing and splitters from MA Shaw and they were of excellent quality but my body shop needed to do some minor mods to get them to fit perfectly for my car. Mike is a really nice guy, easy to work with and stands by his product. IIRC most of his parts were made as close to OE specifications as possible.

I only have limited experince with Better Bodies, but I bought my brake ducts from them and the fit and finish were fine. According to Mike at MA Shaw he supplies parts to many other vendors. Not sure if they are one of them.
Old 07-01-2007, 05:48 PM
air eater
Burning Brakes

I bought a pair of euro front turm signals recently from BB and can say the products and service was good.

Quick Reply: Better Bodies (experience) in san diego...?