2 maintenance questions

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2003, 12:11 AM
Greg D.
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 280 Likes on 139 Posts
Post 2 maintenance questions

Just curious.... How would you go about fixing this ?

All the DIYs I saw were more geared towards fixing curb rash, this is a leftover from the previous owner, probably a curb rash repair with bad primer, hence the flaking (never mind the rusty discs, I just washed the car). The DIYs have you fill the scratches with filler, them primer and paint with wurth metallic silver... This "peeling" might be harder to fix than a scratch... Any ideas ? I was hoping to sand down the edge of the peeling section and paint over it after some primer but I tried it on a wheel and it's far from great...you can tell the difference still... Suggestions welcome !

Also, about the relay "hi-speed only" mod posted this week. I took out my dusty soldering iron, installed a jumper and cut the circuit as indicated in the picture.. Should pressing the upper relay (slow speed) trigger the hi-speed ? (if so didn't work) or is the only way of testing this to run the car until it's hot enough ?

Oh, and I did try the RSRs mufflers at speed today, one word: Yummy !!!
Old 08-24-2003, 12:16 AM
os993
Rennlist Member

Received 418 Likes on 258 Posts

If you want it to look right, you need to re-spray the entire wheel. From my past experiences, a touch-up will look lousy (hard color to match, etc..)

I've had my wheel re-done and I think you can do a wheel for around $125.

Just my humble opinion
Old 08-24-2003, 12:50 AM
dp2boy
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I did the same "high speed only" mod on the circuit board of the relay and the high speed fan comes on now when the temp reaches about the 9:00 position. From what I've read this is where the low speed would normally start up. I'm still going to fix the resistor but this seems like a good temporary fix.

Quick Reply: 2 maintenance questions