993RS Option Weights?

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2003, 04:43 PM
Roygarth
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by N105DVV
Hi Piers

Just jumping back to the Service Teknik 96 booklet you mention earlier. I have 1 booklet which is a supplement to the service book. It is a thin booklet with the RS specs, operator guide, various transmission options and plot of the hp/torque curves in the back (in German). Can you confirm if this is the same as you have? I am presuming you have the english version

If it is different i will order it.

BR/Phil...
It's different. A4 format, floppy cover, 4 hole punched, ref no. on front cover bottom is WKD 499 620. 32 pages, all in English.

Brgds
Piers
Old 09-04-2003, 06:10 PM
RS man
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Piers, may I ask what the price was for the above item?
As to the slats of the grill I think you should ask Andrew Frankel about the car and its history again.
Cheers.
Harry
Old 09-04-2003, 06:56 PM
zubinranderia
Track Day

>>Does anyone know what the following are:
C00

Roygarth:
My 993RS has the same code. I found the answer to that one only a week or two ago. It is, and I quote "Eurospec emissions"

Zubin
Old 09-04-2003, 08:17 PM
Cy
Racer

Roygarth:

On my stock non-RS front panels and after-market RS splitters, the grill/slats to which you are referring are part of the original mold, therefore, there is no separate grill/slats to attach. Unless OEM RS splitters are different, which I would doubt, it would appear as though someone cut your grill/slats out . . . would be easy to do as the plastic is relatively soft, especially when it's that thin. If this is the case with OEM RS splitters and you don't see/feel any burrs where they were removed, maybe it's possible there was a repaint of the splitters after the grill/slats were removed.
Old 09-05-2003, 04:53 AM
Roygarth
Three Wheelin'

Originally posted by zubinranderia
>>Does anyone know what the following are:
C00

Roygarth:
My 993RS has the same code. I found the answer to that one only a week or two ago. It is, and I quote "Eurospec emissions"

Zubin
Thanks Zubin!

Brgds
Piers
Old 09-05-2003, 04:56 AM
Roygarth
Three Wheelin'

Originally posted by RS man
Piers, may I ask what the price was for the above item?
As to the slats of the grill I think you should ask Andrew Frankel about the car and its history again.
Cheers.
Harry
£20 inc. post approx. Well worth it. As I said to 'er indoors 'if it keeps me out of the pub for a night we're ahead!'

Ref. 'you should ask Andrew Frankel about the car and its history again' Ominous suggestion alert! Do you know something I don't?

Brgds
Piers
Old 09-05-2003, 04:58 AM
Surj-993C2S
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 21 Likes on 11 Posts

Hey RS guys - mind if I ask a question?

Do any of you guys have your RS seats for sale at all (well if I never ask, I'll never find them) - PM me if you have, I'm interested (they're all black and classic grey, right?)

Old 09-05-2003, 04:59 AM
Roygarth
Three Wheelin'

Originally posted by Cy
Roygarth:

On my stock non-RS front panels and after-market RS splitters, the grill/slats to which you are referring are part of the original mold, therefore, there is no separate grill/slats to attach. Unless OEM RS splitters are different, which I would doubt, it would appear as though someone cut your grill/slats out . . . would be easy to do as the plastic is relatively soft, especially when it's that thin. If this is the case with OEM RS splitters and you don't see/feel any burrs where they were removed, maybe it's possible there was a repaint of the splitters after the grill/slats were removed.
According to Gert at Carnewal OEM did/do not have grills in the holes. The pic earlier in thread is not OEM (this pic is from Gerts Website) the holes are different shape and position.
Old 09-05-2003, 08:10 AM
N105DVV
Instructor

Hi Piers

Thanks for the info on the 'service teknik' booklet. I will st the wheels in motion

BR/Phil...
Old 09-05-2003, 07:56 PM
RS man
Rennlist Member

I don't know anything about your RS but surely Andrew Frankel will fill you in with more details. Perhaps the year of manufacture had different designs but I do not know. I had worried a lot about my RS since the sticker lay out between RHD and LHD is different but I think despite the car being tracked by an RS enthusiast it has been kept in remarkable shape. No ding, dents other than the usual stone chips. However, there was a post about zinc oxidation which I suspect I have beneath the leading edge of the bonnett. I have to say Porsche has rather poor quality paint finishing compared to my other mundane cars costing 4 times less and being 5 years older than the RS.

Harry
Old 09-05-2003, 11:53 PM
N105DVV
Instructor

Default Paint

Thats a good point Harry. I too am concernd about the paintwork being very susecptable to chips, especially the bonnet. I had put it down to the latter being aluminium. Perhaps the adhesision is not so good or the paint is a little thin

IMO, you've only got to show the car a hand full of gravel and it starts chipping.

BR/Phil...
Old 09-06-2003, 06:28 AM
RS man
Rennlist Member

Phil,
I think looking at various posts, the paint that Porsche uses is rather crappy. Perhaps water-based paints are the culprit. Check this out:
https://rennlist.com/forums/showthre...hreadid=85971.
Harry
Old 09-06-2003, 09:57 AM
N105DVV
Instructor

Thanks harry
Old 09-10-2003, 05:54 AM
Roygarth
Three Wheelin'

Originally posted by RS man
I don't know anything about your RS but surely Andrew Frankel will fill you in with more details. Perhaps the year of manufacture had different designs but I do not know. .

Harry
Hi Harry

I think we're at cross purposes? I'm talking about the 2 holes underneath the splitter 1 at either side of car in front of wheels.

Brgds
Piers
Old 09-10-2003, 06:01 AM
RS man
Rennlist Member

Piers,
My splitters are very much like the one in the picture and the slots I was talking about are the ones on the underside of the spoiler.
Cheers.

Harry

Quick Reply: 993RS Option Weights?