Sponsored by:

FS: Stock hifi speaker boxes w/ JL Audio and Dynaudio speakers

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2014, 03:45 PM
NP993
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default FS: Stock hifi speaker boxes w/ JL Audio and Dynaudio speakers

I had this setup on my car for a year before I did a more serious stereo upgrade (which requires getting rid of the factory amp). That is a big job, and these are plug-and-play. The woofers are JL Audio and the mids are Dynaudio. Both very good quality speakers, and most importantly they are the same impedance as the stock speakers. This is the only setup that fits into the factory boxes without modification and will run off the stock amp. The speaker boxes were also filled with polyfill, which allegedly helps. Also comes with brand new stock tweeters, which I never ended up using.

This won't make your stereo sound as good as if you replaced everything. But it's a nice improvement over the crappy stock speakers. $400 for everything plus shipping. The JL Audio speakers alone cost almost that much.
Attached Images   
Old 09-28-2014, 04:43 PM
MielsOnWheels
Burning Brakes

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts

PM sent
Old 09-28-2014, 04:48 PM
Quadcammer
Race Director

Received 1,442 Likes on 835 Posts

honest seller. Glws
Old 09-28-2014, 04:57 PM
kjr914
Drifting

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by VA993Dreamer
PM sent

haha...I delayed doing some research on this setup, and bam, some beats me to it... Gotta be fast around here!
Old 09-28-2014, 04:58 PM
MielsOnWheels
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by kjr914

haha...I delayed doing some research on this setup, and bam, some beats me to it... Gotta be fast around here!
I've learned to be quick on the trigger on this forum!
Old 09-28-2014, 05:10 PM
saneproductions
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

PM'd

Maybe too late, but interested
Old 10-22-2014, 05:36 PM
3healey
Racer

Received 11 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by NP993
The woofers are JL Audio and the mids are Dynaudio.
This is exactly what I want to do. Can you supply part#/model# and possibly your source?
Thanks.
Old 10-22-2014, 07:43 PM
MielsOnWheels
Burning Brakes

Default Speakers

I was the lucky buyer of these. Now granted I had a couple of blown speakers so just about anything I replaced them with was going to be an upgrade,but they really sound excellent! I'm not too well versed on this stuff but my understanding is that the factory amp is the limiting factor based on its design and the JL/Dynaudio set up has been shown to be about the best plug-n-play speaker upgrade option to maximize the system without tearing the whole or most of it out and starting over. The JL's are easily sourced. It seems the Dynaudio's are the challenge to get. I believe they were an OEM sound upgrade in VW's from a few years ago, so a VW breaker might have them salvaged from a wrecked car. Also, I believe some have been sourced from Germany on eBay.de.
Old 10-22-2014, 09:33 PM
NP993
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Yup -- pretty much impossible to find the Dynaudio's in the U.S. I found them on German Ebay.
Old 10-22-2014, 11:12 PM
Spyder_Man
Drifting

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I've been researching speaker options for way too long now and the Dynaudio mid speakers are appealing for two reasons. 1) the right versions fit right into the OEM speaker baffling 2) most all of them are self-baffled so if you pull out the OEM baffles and install larger mid-woofers (6.5" vs. 5.25") you can use the Dynaudio mids without having to build some fancy custom baffle structure. In addition to providing OEM speakers for VW, Dynaudio supplies certain hifi options for Volvo. One might be able to find a suitable speaker through Volvo as well.

Because Dynaudio speakers are difficult to get a hold of (made in Demark), I've been looking for other brands that make high-quality speakers with mid-range self-baffled speakers. I just realized that the Pioneer Stage 4 premium mid-range speakers are self-baffled as well (Pioneer Stage 4 Mid-Range Speakers). I haven't seen these in person yet, but they seem like they might be small enough to fit the OEM baffles. What is more Pioneer offers tweeter and mid-woofer speakers from this same model like in two options (one with a 6.75" mid-woofer and another with a 5.25") so it looks like these components would be possible options both with or without using the OEM baffles. Either way around it the Pioneer tweeters likely wont fit the OEM pods.
Old 10-23-2014, 02:21 AM
MartinC2S
Burning Brakes

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

You wouldn't by chance the have the part numbers for those Dynaudio speakers would you?
Old 10-23-2014, 02:32 AM
Spyder_Man
Drifting

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I don't know the part number for the Dynaudio speakers shown above. I believe there are prior posts on Rennlist with that info (at least the VW part numbers). I know some of the newer part numbers of Dynaudio mid-range speakears that *might* work in place of these older Dynaudio speakers, but I'll leave that to people with hands-on experience with these speakers to tell us definitively what works and what does.
Old 10-23-2014, 04:32 AM
espanolie
Rennlist Member

i have the hifi sound in my 993 targa with the dsp option. yeah, although not the best, good enough for me. i will, however, tag this thread in case i need to change things out. besides, i usually don't bother with the stereo 'cause i wanna hear my engine as i rev through the up shifts - much better sound to me
Old 10-23-2014, 09:04 AM
jnoble79
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Spyder_Man
I don't know the part number for the Dynaudio speakers shown above. I believe there are prior posts on Rennlist with that info (at least the VW part numbers). I know some of the newer part numbers of Dynaudio mid-range speakears that *might* work in place of these older Dynaudio speakers, but I'll leave that to people with hands-on experience with these speakers to tell us definitively what works and what does.
I found the below info in an old thread. Can't personally attest to any of its accuracy.

09-14-2012 06:00 PM by M. Schneider
Optional HiFi speaker system
JL Audio sells a 4 ohm mid-woofer which is a plug N play direct fit to the OEM 130mm DIN (5.25") mid-woofer used in the HiFi options door enclosure. Additionally, there is the world class VW/Dynaudio 3" (6ohm) soft dome mid range being a direct fit in the enclosure's 2nd (mid?) position. The stock HiFi options amp/speaker option is greatly enhanced with these two simple driver changes; When driven by the stock CDR-210 Becker/Porsche head unit and external Nokia amp module.

There's no need to purchase the down market (audibly speaking) OE Nokia /ITT drivers.

Re: JL Audio C5-525 2-way componet System.. The 130mm (DIN shaped flange) mid-woofer is a Dr. Kurt Muller company design.

VW/Dynaudio 3" mid-range VW part number; 7H0 035 416
Paul @ KefferVWparts gave me the below prices in year 2010.
1. 7H0-035-415 SPEAKER 1 $207.32 (right)
2. 7H0-035-416 SPEAKER 1 $219.00 (left)
Old 10-25-2014, 10:11 PM
MartinC2S
Burning Brakes

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

Thanks for the info guys. I was able to track down a set in the motherland. Now just to find a set of the JL Audio ones. Anyone have a good source for those?

Quick Reply: FS: Stock hifi speaker boxes w/ JL Audio and Dynaudio speakers