Sponsored by:

Intermittent Sunroof switch - Cleanup pics

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2020, 09:11 PM
Magdaddy
Rennlist Member

Received 272 Likes on 203 Posts

Originally Posted by OverBoosted28
Nice job. I use this stuff on all connections. It cleans everything and dissipates fast. Will not harm plastic/rubber.
Attachment 857128
Originally Posted by The Eagle
How to

~ The Eagle ~
'96 Polar Silver/Black C4S, manual, litronics, LED's in the positioning lights, alu/leather shifter & handbrake, silver face gauges with alu rings, hardback sport seats, leather interior, motor sound airbox, stainless door sills, valve caps Porsche crested brushed alloy, front protection bar, with split rear grill and layered with Meguiar's NXT Tech Wax

just got the CRC electronic cleaner today, now I gotta go buy a blue/red screw driver....damn it!

Phillips or straight tip?

I kid, I kid...
Old 03-02-2021, 04:23 PM
Quag
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I had the same type of intermittent switch problem described in this thread, so I took it apart as described. As shown in the nice photos posted by Testdr, the 2 contact rockers pivot on ball bearings supported in spring-loaded posts that fit into molded cylinders inside the switch casing. When I opened up the switch, I found that one of the molded cylinders had cracked and no longer supported the little cylinder. No way to repair such a thin molded part, so it's a new switch for me.
Thanks for posting the thread, though. It got me to the right place in the diagnostic. Maybe now I can get the sunroof working again!

Quick Reply: Intermittent Sunroof switch - Cleanup pics