Sponsored by:

AutoSharp Pen

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2003, 03:12 PM
p_carfan
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
Thumbs up AutoSharp Pen

A few months back there was some discussion about the AutoSharp Pen by AutoVisuals, who's also a "Rennlist" sponsor. You may recall these little touch-up pens are matched to the paint code of your car. Yesterday, I was touching-up some little chips on the lower front valance and I noticed that when I went to push the point down to refresh the tip with paint, the tip just gushed paint. Anyway, I shot 'em an email and guess what? A new pen is on it's way 2day air, no charge!!

Not affiliated......just pleased !
Old 08-07-2003, 03:26 PM
Rezal
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Steve,

Do you use Langka afterwards to clean-up any excess?

I don't have the Autovisuals pen but the other kind (can't remember the brand right now but same concept). I wasn't too satisfied with the color match, even after the paint dried. I know use the factory touch-up paint that has a little more gloss to it. Problem is, I need to use Langka to clean-up and the abrasive properties of Langka appears to remove some of the gloss from the factory touch-up paint.
Old 08-07-2003, 03:48 PM
p_carfan
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Rezal-

Sometimes I do.......It depends on the chip. I've really been pleased using a combination of the pen, factory TU paint with a fine artist brush, tooth pick, match stick then Langka. I've had very good luck.....it just takes some time and usually I let the paint dry 30% or so longer than the Langka instructions state. The paint pen from AutoVisuals appears to match perfectly. From past threads I understand that metallic paints are a little more difficult to match.

Cheers

Quick Reply: AutoSharp Pen