Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Aluminum trailer questions

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2003, 12:22 AM
Mark in Baltimore
Rennlist Member

Received 500 Likes on 321 Posts
Eric - brilliant solution! Hopefully, the balance of the trailer will allow enough room at the nose for the four tires I don't need.

Greg - it's amazing how much time and money we spend just to make sure that what is ours STAYS ours. Irritated.

Yeah, I've been spending way too much time on garage and car stuff that no one sees, as opposed to lawn and kitchen stuff that everyone sees.

Mike - I'll PM you when the site goes up.
Old 04-28-2003, 01:24 AM
kary993
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
You might try Aluminum Trailer Company. I bought an enclosed trailer that is very light, tows well at any speed. I also have a friend who bought an open trailer from them as well and likes it also.
Old 04-28-2003, 03:14 AM
Jeff96-993
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Mark, it was great to meet you at Mid-Ohio (late on Sunday, but better late than never). My experience with hauling is behind my Pathfinder, which is about the same size as a 4-runner. I was towing the P-car on a steel 18' trailer. I also have the 5-speed on the Pathfinder, and didn't have a problem at any time. I am also in the market for an aluminum trailer, and was just checking out the Aluminum Trailer Co. just last week. I believe it was their website which stated that they use a bolted contruction, vs. welded. I didn't know how that compared with the Trailex and Featherlite, so I don't know if it's important or not. Maybe someone with more knowledge of trailers can answer to that.
Old 04-28-2003, 08:24 AM
Greg Fishman
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 33 Likes on 24 Posts
The Trailex is bolted together also where the Trailer World one is welded. I guess the benefit of a bolted trailer is ease of replacement if you damage a part, other than that I am not sure. My friends trailex trailer did tend to squeak some but it wasn't a big deal to me. At your next event just walk around, look and talk to people about what trailer and which set up they like, etc.
Old 04-28-2003, 10:10 AM
Mark in Baltimore
Rennlist Member

Received 500 Likes on 321 Posts
Kary - thank you for the thumbs up on Aluminum Trailer Company.

Jeff - it was great to meet you, as well. What a kick-a** weekend that was, except if you wrecked your car. I hope to run with you again!

Hell, if you're towing a steel 18 footer with a 5 speed Pathfinder that, I believe, has less horsepower than my V6, I should be okay on this.

Thanks, guys.
Old 04-28-2003, 10:09 PM
Todd B

Rennlist Member

Received 437 Likes on 326 Posts
Mark,
My trailer has 15ft runways, 21ft overall in length. I wanted to goto Mid Ohio but a family event is calling, so I need to skip this time. I will be at summit Point for the 6/1-2 Potomac DE.

Todd

Quick Reply: Aluminum trailer questions