Sponsored by:

parking lights/ turn signal function

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2014, 05:00 PM
delisedesign
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default parking lights/ turn signal function

So, odd question.....I only noticed this because I recently converted from amber to clear and refreshed the hazy foglights.

When my headlights and/or foglights are on, my front turn signals are not on....(as parking lights) they work as signals, but I thought this was suspect as I assumed, like most cars, they are on from the first turn of the switch.

I messed about with one of them, (pushed and tightened it) and got it to come on when switched, but then it wouldnt work as turn signal (indicator light on the tach was stuck lit) So I just returned it as was and left it alone....

What the hell...I hope this isnt a smoke signal from another underlying issue.
Old 06-06-2014, 05:11 PM
luckyJ
Pro

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

did you change the bulbs as well?
Old 06-06-2014, 06:00 PM
delisedesign
Instructor

I did change the bulbs to the ambers that were supplied with the new corners.....seems like an obvious culprit. Just to confirm, they are supposed to be running when turned on, correct?
Old 06-06-2014, 06:28 PM
luckyJ
Pro

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by delisedesign
I did change the bulbs to the ambers that were supplied with the new corners.....seems like an obvious culprit. Just to confirm, they are supposed to be running when turned on, correct?
for my car...when I have the headlights turned on...the turn/signal lights are on as well as small lights next to the fog lights (in the same housing)...
Old 06-06-2014, 06:53 PM
1990-964
Pro

I did exactly this and had a similar problem. I sourced mine from an ebay vendor and they supplied amber bulbs with the lenses, but they included single filament bulbs when dual filament bulbs are required in that location to provide both turn signal and park lights. The single filament bulb ends up working as a very bright park light and is actually too hot for continuous use for the lens/housing. I only found out after realizing my front turn signals were inop and upon disassembly found one of the housings partially melted.

Quick Reply: parking lights/ turn signal function