Notices
993 Forum 1995-1998
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Who can help me install a garage door opener in my dead switch?

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2013, 08:54 PM
pp000830
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 1,505 Likes on 1,064 Posts

What you want to do is extremely easy. I believe it is simply putting a Porsche spring back rocker switch in parallel to the existing switch in the garage opener unit. Clearly it is a DIY job. The switch you would order would be the same one used to clear the “!” light on your dash. 964-613-202-00. the wire pigtail will probably need to be gotten from a salvage lot out of an old car. If you find that the spring back switch is a double pull switch and the “!” function is not using the other side of the switch you can use the existing switch to both kill the “!” and open the garage without adding another switch.
You can run the wires from the switch into your glove box so the transmitter’s battery can be replaced easily when needed. Or you can run it behind one of the gauges and into the trunk, also very easy. On my 993 I purchased two aftermarket add-ons. One locks the doors once the ignition is on for 10 seconds and the other chirps if I leave the parking, headlights or rt. turn signal on. Both of these projects were kitchen table stuff - very easy.
Andy

Quick Reply: Who can help me install a garage door opener in my dead switch?