RS Aero KIt M002 ... Skirts

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2014, 11:10 AM
Tony_KB
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RS Aero KIt M002 ... Skirts

Hi Everyone,

Anyone have this problem with the side skirts ? I instaleld them myself, and some of the paint flaked off, I got them from a Porsche dealer (suncoast) not sure if it's a common problem, plan to leave them black, so either complaint and get a new set of skirts or just paint the one that flaked and move on...

Thoughts ?
Attached Images    
Old 05-05-2014, 11:20 AM
nine9six
Banned

Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by Tony_KB
Hi Everyone,

Anyone have this problem with the side skirts ? I instaleld them myself, and some of the paint flaked off, I got them from a Porsche dealer (suncoast) not sure if it's a common problem, plan to leave them black, so either complaint and get a new set of skirts or just paint the one that flaked and move on...

Thoughts ?
If they are new, and freshly installed with the paint flaking off; I'd say you have a ligitimate complaint for PPPP. (Pi$$ Poor Paint Prep) at the mfg. and I'd ask for a new set.

Or, if the seller is willing to pick up your cost to have them painted; that would be fine too.

Either way, its a substandard finish with no quality control over the paint process.

Cant begin to imagine what they would look like after a year of normal wear and tear...
Old 05-05-2014, 11:38 AM
Tony_KB
Advanced

You'd think a Porsche product wouldn't have problems like these ?
Old 05-05-2014, 12:08 PM
Martin S.
Rennlist Member

Received 535 Likes on 349 Posts
Default When were they made?

That may be the problem...these skirts may have been sitting in a warehouse for 10+ years.

Mask off the bottom of the car and spray them black. Taking them off, sending them back, getting a new set, what a hassle.
Old 05-05-2014, 12:29 PM
Tony_KB
Advanced

You are right, they are a bit hard to instal and re-instal, mail them etc ... maybe i get a set of new skirts for spare parts. I contacted them , see what happens...
Old 05-05-2014, 01:27 PM
Falcondrivr
Race Car

Received 70 Likes on 36 Posts

Complain, get a new set, and I'll buy the old ones.
Old 05-05-2014, 06:54 PM
Bill Verburg
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 579 Likes on 398 Posts

Most people don't paint them, I did and have had to have them refinished after ~5yrs of mostly track use

it's best to glue them on, all along the body or the tabs will break and let them sag, use a glue that will remain flexible and that can be removed w/ a little effort more like caulk and less like epoxy

You appear to be missing the finish pieces in the rear wheel well, maybe just in that pic
Old 05-06-2014, 01:15 AM
pipingken1
Advanced

First time mine got washed with a pressure hose most of the paint came off (the rest of the car is fine so not 'very high pressure'). Porsche advised that you should finish them yourself....so I did but I don't believe the Porsche response is satisfactory.

Quick Reply: RS Aero KIt M002 ... Skirts