993 Forum 1995-1998

LED turn/tail/brake lights kit from Tore

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2015, 11:22 AM
VintageRacer477
Racer

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Foxman
Also wondering how to avoid the "Rub" depicted in VintageRacer477's shot above? I've done this on two cars, and have two rubs now.
The "adjustment" screws on the center panel SHOULD, when screwed down, raise the lenses up and off of the floor of the compartment. But, they don't seem to. Or, certainly didn't. I'm going to go out to the garage now to check.

Here's what I found: Three of the four are up and not touching. One is quite far off the painted surface. I don't have feeler gauges handy right now to measure exactly. Only the left "pad" on the center panel is touching. And, I screwed all 3 adjusters all the way down.

An option would be a piece of rubber on the bottom of each pad. I think I'll do that next time I work on the car.
Old 01-17-2015, 12:14 PM
EMBPilot
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Precisely the point I was making. This thing is about 10x more complicated than it needs to be.
Old 01-28-2015, 11:33 PM
gt3rs.
Burning Brakes

Received 31 Likes on 23 Posts

Just received my rear fog \ brake light harness. Tore now you need to find a front fog light and third brake led light solution!!!
Old 01-28-2015, 11:39 PM
bcameron59
Rennlist Member

Received 53 Likes on 41 Posts

Originally Posted by gt3rs.
Tore now you need to find a front fog light and third brake led light solution!!!
And let's not forget the LED dash / instrument / CCU lighting solution we're all waiting for!
Old 01-29-2015, 05:05 PM
EMBPilot
Banned

got my kit as well, i'll put it on in the spring...
going off of memory, arent there 4 wires going to the tail lights? the kit includes two wire taps, which two wires are getting tapped into back there?
Old 01-29-2015, 06:35 PM
GTGoff
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just thought I'd share a couple of photos with my rear brake lights from Tore...

Tore brake lights

Tore brake lights
Old 01-29-2015, 09:24 PM
Foxman
Rennlist Member

Received 544 Likes on 396 Posts

Originally Posted by EMBPilot
going off of memory, arent there 4 wires going to the tail lights? the kit includes two wire taps, which two wires are getting tapped into back there?
There are three wires running to each rear lamp. Simply splice into two of the three wires on one of the two rear lamps per Tore's on-line instructions. I will try to post some better pictures when I do the install....

http://www.bergvillfx.com/files/Rear...sche%20993.pdf

Just thought I'd share a couple of photos with my rear brake lights from Tore...
GTGoff, the new center brake lights look great , but are your other brake lights stock? They appear to be dimmer than the new LED's.
Old 01-29-2015, 09:43 PM
GTGoff
Track Day

GTGoff, the new center brake lights look great , but are your other brake lights stock? They appear to be dimmer than the new LED's.
They're actually the same Tore LEDs. I suspect they just don't look as bright in this photo due to (a) camera settings and/or (b) the larger reflective area in those outer tail light sections dispersing the light more.

I'd actually love to make both the current tail lights and the current turn signals into red running lights, BUT with amber flashing for the turn signals (as is currently the case with the amber LEDs from Tore in those locations). Unfortunately, this would require a red/amber switchback setup which doesn't seem to be commercially available.
Old 01-30-2015, 10:27 AM
EMBPilot
Banned

There are three wires running to each rear lamp. Simply splice into two of the three wires on one of the two rear lamps per Tore's on-line instructions. I will try to post some better pictures when I do the install....

http://www.bergvillfx.com/files/Rear...sche%20993.pdf

Fox thanks for the info and posting that link
Old 01-31-2015, 02:54 PM
VintageRacer477
Racer

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by EMBPilot
Do you have a voltmeter? Stick a pin into the wires while someone steps on the brake to see which wire is power, which ground. Power wire is black/red. Although not clearly so. Ground is brown.
Old 01-31-2015, 06:13 PM
mesprit87
Rennlist Member

I have to agree that the center panel looks like something that has been over engineered, somebody at Porsche had too much time on its hands...As for the wear areas, installing some kind of clear erosion tape locally seems like a solution.

I have ordered Tore's hid kit last week, obviously before I read this thread.

His brake kit is now out of stock (wonder why) so I will give him to replenish before I spend a few more bucks.

Thanks Tore for the ongoing work you do for the community!
Old 02-01-2015, 04:56 AM
ToreB
Rennlist Member

Received 391 Likes on 248 Posts

Thank you for your support guys!
My initial batch of rear fog conversion kits are sold out, I made only a small number of kits. I've ordered new hardware from my vendors, and the kits will be ready in 2-3 weeks.
Cheers,
Tore
Old 02-01-2015, 02:39 PM
das_low
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This is awesome.
Old 10-24-2015, 03:20 PM
Cactus
Noodle Jr.
Rennlist Member

Received 224 Likes on 141 Posts

Just installed my LED kit but have an issue. When I turn the lights on the drivers side brake light is lit and passenger side is normal. In about 10 seconds it goes back to just the tail light. When I press the brake pedal only the drivers side brake light works. Confirmed with another Rennlister that all wires are routed to the correct sockets.

Quick Reply: LED turn/tail/brake lights kit from Tore