Sponsored by:

Leland West low ball Agreed upon value quote

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2014, 09:57 PM
justin993
Three Wheelin'

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by TONY AIR C2S
I have Leland, $80,000 agreed value for $655 a year. Pain in the *** to start policy. Hope I don't regret it.
my feelings exactly
Old 05-08-2014, 01:54 PM
badabing
Rennlist Member

Received 85 Likes on 67 Posts

Originally Posted by Parnelli
Am going thru the same thing right now! Never thought about the fact that I don't have an "agreed upon" value of insurance. We insure all 4 cars, house, umbrella policy,etc with AAA. The 993TT is labeled as a pleasure car but I am not aware of any use limits that are put on me by AAA. Recently, as the price and availability of these cars is being squeezed, I thought about how they'd compensate me if the car was stolen or totaled. I E mailed my agent and his response was this:

"I contacted AAA to discuss the value of the vehicle and unfortunately, the only way that they would determine the value of the vehicle would be if a claim were filed. They would take into consideration what the vehicles are currently going for in the market place, however, if a claim happened when the market value was low, you could receive a lower payout. Even if you had a current appraisal that would be limited, since they cannot insure at stated value. As I stated before, although there is an attempt at a fair settlement based on vehicle condition and current market value, this amount cannot be guaranteed.
I know that this does not definitively answer your question, but there is no way to provide the information that you are requesting. You could check Kelly Blue Book as a source, but this would not be definitive either. Any additional questions, let me know."

We then discussed doing a Hagerty policy with a stated value of $80K (car is a '97 TT black/black with HB sport seats and 58K miles) for an annual premium of $1,280 (seems high ??).

Anyway, I haven't done anything yet but am looking for guidance as well
High?

Seems like a bargain to me. I just asked Hagerty for a quote on my 1 owner 96 993TT 33k miles @ $100k AGV and they want $3k a year

Eff that
Old 05-09-2014, 01:53 AM
Johnny_law
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by badabing
High? Seems like a bargain to me. I just asked Hagerty for a quote on my 1 owner 96 993TT 33k miles @ $100k AGV and they want $3k a year Eff that
Here is my comparable post...

With Leland West I got one year newer 993TT, with two more owners, a few more than half the miles, slightly more AGV at a bit less than a third the cost. So $1250 is high IMO.

But insurance is a funny thing it is valued on many, many factors.

Quick Reply: Leland West low ball Agreed upon value quote