Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Sticky Throttle Cable

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2014, 06:00 PM
Eurotrio
Rennlist Member

Received 25 Likes on 12 Posts

I also had some sticky throttle issues on our 1995. After searching on both ends and lubricating, it still acted up when cold. Now that the weather is warm, strangely is working nice.

As others mentioned, it's a tight fit. I even dug deeper after removing the throttle body for cleanup.

Here is the general area you are fishing in:

Since you are looking to do a blower bypass, check out my thread for more info with photos.

https://rennlist.com/forums/993-foru...-progress.html
Old 04-01-2014, 06:13 PM
christallon
Rennlist Member

Received 204 Likes on 136 Posts

Thanks guys. The cable does not retract properly. I looked into the toe board area and pulled the ACCEL pedal off to see clearly. I can push down the accelerator arm and watch the cable extend out, and when the arm comes back, the cable does not retract well. It's like it's not lubricated well, or it gets hung up farther back in the cable lining, or the spring or maybe the CC module gets sticky. Should I just have the throttle cable replaced, or are there other suggestions before I have this done. I will have to get my mechanic to do this, which means it'll be pricey, I'm guessing.
Old 04-01-2014, 08:04 PM
Eurotrio
Rennlist Member

Received 25 Likes on 12 Posts

Does it feel like it binding ? I would lube on both ends. Call me crazy, but having to prep my son's bikes for races, I used Tri-Flo synthetic lubricant making things silky smooth.
Old 04-01-2014, 08:49 PM
JM993
Banned

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

It's not hard to lower the engine for better access. It's a very simple setup. Start with the easy stuff. Hopefully you'll find the problem before resorting to cable replacement
Old 04-02-2014, 01:00 AM
christallon
Rennlist Member

Received 204 Likes on 136 Posts

OK, I'll lower the engine a bit at the motor mounts and see if I can get to the linkage in the rear. I don't think it's binding so much as it's not springing back quickly. hen it sticks, I futz with the pedal a bit by blipping several times at the accel pedal and it slowly resets itself and then seems OK again for a while. Very strange.

Quick Reply: Sticky Throttle Cable