Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Tramont Wheels

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2014, 08:21 PM
timothymoffat
Rennlist Member

Received 1,043 Likes on 470 Posts

Joe, if there's an award for most difficulty with wheels, you win. From what I'm seeing, I think Nick might have a good idea.

No matter what, these WILL look awesome.
Old 04-07-2014, 10:36 PM
Magdaddy
Rennlist Member

Received 271 Likes on 202 Posts

Originally Posted by Nurburger
Looks tight Joe.... Good luck!

If there is sufficient metal between the lug hole / brake mating surface, you may be able to have a capable shop machine away a few mm's to help...
Originally Posted by timothymoffat
Joe, if there's an award for most difficulty with wheels, you win. From what I'm seeing, I think Nick might have a good idea.

No matter what, these WILL look awesome.
thanks for the thought Nick...shouldn't at all be necesary though. These wheels are 2mm different than what I was running, 38 now vs 45-5mm spacer...40. Same exact tire. That being said, no room to do so anyway.

Also, these just miss the Big Red's by a wisker. If the rubber bleeder cover cap loop thingy is up...it rubs on it. They say 11", they say et38

Murphy's law and all applying here, can I trust they are indeed 38et, let alone 11" wide? I never took measurements when the tires were off.Just have to drive it and see...silly me, I was worried about the front's fitting.
Attached Images  
Old 04-08-2014, 05:10 PM
AOW162435
Seared
Rennlist Member

Received 418 Likes on 233 Posts

Joe,
Have some beer tonight and then start Googling GT2 body kits...

Andreas
Old 04-08-2014, 05:34 PM
Magdaddy
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by AOW162435
Joe,
Have some beer tonight and then start Googling GT2 body kits...

Andreas
Is "Googling" Maryland slang for robbing liquor stores to pay for it?

Rear flares are about the only way those rear wheels are gonna work. More detail and misfit pics later.

Think I need replacement barrels inside and out.
Old 04-08-2014, 08:33 PM
AOW162435
Seared
Rennlist Member

Andreas
Old 04-08-2014, 09:58 PM
Full Boost
Why do I feel so left out!
Rennlist Member

Received 434 Likes on 208 Posts

Joe,

F*$K me - you have had a $hitty time with these wheels…..

In my experience - the calliper may even be a little too close - but I can't see by the angle.

Lets hope they step up….

Just a quick question?

The old wheels were what sizes? and the New?

PM Sent,

Simon.
Old 04-08-2014, 11:25 PM
Jlaa
Rennlist Member

Received 210 Likes on 138 Posts

Bummer Joe,

Man, talk about a painful process to get wheels ----- what are your rear camber settings? I think Dick in TN told me his rear camber was at -1.8 / -1.6 .... wondering if that would help with your situation with the fender lip?
Old 04-08-2014, 11:35 PM
Magdaddy
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Full Boost
Joe,

F*$K me - you have had a $hitty time with these wheels…..

In my experience - the calliper may even be a little too close - but I can't see by the angle.

Lets hope they step up….

Just a quick question?

The old wheels were what sizes? and the New?

PM Sent,

Simon.
The rears clear the Big Reds by an UNCOMFORTABLE amount. Literally, a small stone could wedge in there, and I ain't talking about a pea sized stone either.

Getting late here in the Northeast, and I'm kinda tired and confused about this whole mess anyway. The weather isn't really cooperating here, to allow me to circle the block a few times and get the car at it's proper stance. Since it's been on the lift for three months, returning it to ground level isn't sufficient enough to settle the suspension.

That being said...it's gonna take a miracle for me to believe these rear wheels fit. At this point there are simply two explanations;
1-everything my feeble little mind understood about offset's is wrong
2-Tramont didn't build these as et38's...but more like et26.

What they measure, when compared to the old TTS wheels...and how they fit on the car-two different things all together.

TTS rears are 11" et45, run with 5mm spacers. I understood that to mean I had an effective et of 40 in the rear. The Tramont rear was ordered as an 11" et38 wheel. I understood that as meaning that it would "poke" just 2mm more outboard than my TTS set-up. Having one TTS wheel w/spacer on one side, one Tramont on the other...the difference of "poke" when referencing the outer fender lip...is over 1/2"

I took lots of measurements, always referencing the back of the center flange to outer/inner lip edge. What I didn't do is exactly measure the et from flange to wheel center line. Tomorrow, first I'll measure the TTS wheel if I can, cause I do trust that it is indeed a 45. Then I'll measure the Tramont.

Well one way or another, these wheels probably won't make their debut at Hershey. Dick has been nice enough to share his experience's with his wheelset with me...after driving. From the pictures he has shared with me...now actual pic angle can be deceiving, but I think his rears might be different. Same build spec, but his fit. Now I realize that ride height, and camber settings can effect fit...but when they sit flush with the outside of the fender, all bets are off.

The saga continues. I must have been really bad last year.
Old 04-08-2014, 11:49 PM
Knight
Drifting

Received 75 Likes on 43 Posts

Joe et 38 should sit perfect, I'm thinking when the suspension settles it will hopefully sit just right. You could always run a bit more negative camber too, which will tuck the wheel in.

I'm running et 34, RS height, -1.8 camber, Hankooks 295s and offset is perfect.
Old 04-09-2014, 02:21 AM
Dick in TN
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Knight, what is your rim width?
Old 04-09-2014, 04:11 AM
jim dorociak
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Joe - sorry to hear all the issues. A couple of questions for you. Can you verify the front wheel centers are the same as the rears? If you stick a straight edge on the backside of the very outer part of the wheel center (where the nuts are) and then measure down to the mounting pad area of the wheel center what is that measurement? Is the pad area under the straight edge say 2mm? Do you know the size inner and outer rim used on your rear wheels? If you are that close to the rear caliper maybe you would be better running a 3/4/5 mm spacer to get some breathing space and possibly you need to change the inner and outer rim to fit under your rear fender and still make an 11". If I can help please let me know. jdorociak@gmail.com jim
Old 04-09-2014, 08:30 AM
Nurburger
Rennlist Member

Received 673 Likes on 283 Posts

Originally Posted by AOW162435

Andreas
Brutal.
Old 04-09-2014, 09:30 AM
Knight
Drifting

Received 75 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by Dick in TN
Knight, what is your rim width?
18 x 11 too.
Old 04-09-2014, 12:02 PM
Magdaddy
Rennlist Member

deep breath everyone...took an initial drive, suspension settled ALOT. Driver side fit is ok, pass side is very tight. I will have to get the fenders rolled to confidently use these. Based on the measurements I took yesterday, there is a 12-13mm difference in offset between the TTS wheels and these Tramonts. The TTS are 45, the Tramonts were supposed to be 38, but I estimate they are actuially closer to 32-33.

There is certainly a margin of error in my measurements, and that could result in a 1-2mm variance for sure. Anyway, crisis avoided, and lesson learned.

I'm an idiot who always assumes the worst. Just ask my wife, she'll back me up...as well as some others on here I imagine. Proper photo shoot at a later date.

Cue Chevy Chase in Christmas Vacation "honey, when have I ever over-reacted to anything"
Attached Images  
Old 04-09-2014, 12:20 PM
AOW162435
Seared
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Magdaddy
deep breath everyone... I'm an idiot who always assumes the worst. Just ask my wife, she'll back me up...as well as some others on here I imagine.

I'm on Amy's side.

Andreas

Quick Reply: Tramont Wheels