Sponsored by:

Roller, Fan Belt Sensor

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2014, 08:43 PM
EMBPilot
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by CeeTwoS
Belt and part were $240 replaced and installed. Cheap?? I guess for these cars but better than a tow truck ride when the sensor breaks the belt!!

+1 for Sunset for parts, they are tough to get ahold of, but worth the wait!! Great prices!
thats cause you got ripped off. the sensor is $70 and the belt is around $30, with about an hour or so of DIY time, prob a little less...

sunset has never ever been difficult to get a hold of. ive emailed them, had the part out the same day and to my door in 3 days from across the country...
Old 03-12-2014, 10:16 PM
zooming993
Racer

Received 16 Likes on 4 Posts

Ordered a new sensor today, hopefully I'll be installing it later this week.

Thanks for everyone's help.
Old 03-13-2014, 02:39 AM
CeeTwoS
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by EMBPilot
thats cause you got ripped off. the sensor is $70 and the belt is around $30, with about an hour or so of DIY time, prob a little less...

sunset has never ever been difficult to get a hold of. ive emailed them, had the part out the same day and to my door in 3 days from across the country...
I called them last week four times and never could get through. Got voice mail all four times. Left a message for them to call, which they did return at the end of the day. But then that will not deter me from using them. They have the best deals around.

But thanks for the comments...
Old 03-22-2014, 08:53 PM
Silver993
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I'd recommend saving your old one for parts. I replaced mine about a year ago, due to a bad switch. The new one failed last week - the plastic wheel was gone, leaving only the metal center. I was able to open the old part and use the wheel/lever/spring from it in the newer one. It's been working fine.
Old 03-24-2014, 11:22 AM
JLUinAZ
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Good to know. Same thing happened to me. The new roller lasted about 2 weeks, then the wheel was gone. Not sure if its a crappy part or what. I was on a road trip and didn't want the arm and metal bit rubbing the belt so I removed the whole thing. I'll try your trick today! thx

Quick Reply: Roller, Fan Belt Sensor