Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My Project Thread - Breathing New Life into a High Mileage '95 C2 Coupe

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2014, 07:32 PM
Spyder_Man
Drifting

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Thanks for the clarification. I'm crawl under the car today and snap a picture to determine whether anything had changed with the setup between when I snapped the photo and when I picked up the car. The mechanic never provided any comments or questions about the rear drop links, which is a bit odd since I asked him to examine both front and rear drop links for wear.

Would adding the drop links back in prompt a realignment? I presume adding additional locking rings would because the strut would have to be disconnected from the wheel carrier.
Old 07-18-2014, 07:38 PM
Bill Verburg
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 546 Likes on 379 Posts

Originally Posted by Spyder_Man

Would adding the drop links back in prompt a realignment? I presume adding additional locking rings would because the strut would have to be disconnected from the wheel carrier.
Just adding the links does not affect alignment
Old 07-18-2014, 07:40 PM
Spyder_Man
Drifting

Great. I think I'll enjoy the car over the weekend and then take it back to the mechanic on Monday to have him correct this mix-up.

After three weeks of shop-time, I'm starved for seat-time.
Old 07-18-2014, 10:19 PM
pp000830
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 1,502 Likes on 1,062 Posts

Car looks really nice. With the miles it has on it I suspect all the really annoying stuff has been fixed or replaced already. Some stuff may be coming around for a 2nd time. If you end up redoing the struts they can probably be rebuilt (Bilstein & H&R) for a small fraction of the cost of replacing them with new. Also to replace the clutch it is not necessary to remove the engine something not known by many and can save you considerably on labor.
Have fun and enjoy the car!
Andy
Old 07-20-2014, 10:51 PM
Spyder_Man
Drifting

Andy, thanks for the thoughts. I do think certain must-dos like door-check straps have been attended to by prior owners. The clutch and spark plug wires were replaced as well. Now that the suspension has been sorted out, I plan to tackle the AC system and/or stereo as the next repair project(s). These items I think I'll be able to tackle mostly on my own. *fingers crossed*

Quick Reply: My Project Thread - Breathing New Life into a High Mileage '95 C2 Coupe