Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

So much for Cayenne saving Porsche's racing program

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2003, 06:29 PM
George from MD
Drifting

Received 400 Likes on 230 Posts

Toby you've owned em both and I've owned neither so I'm not really qualified to comment on their relative merits. But... Cayenne is substantially more $- and the MB is now a ten year old (I'm not sure?) design sure to be replaced by a far superior version. From what I have read (Car magazine/Autoweek) Cayenne has superior dynamics relative to MB (but not to X5) but is not superior in all areas.

I am glad you are happy with your purchase and I hope the Cayenne is a success- but I also think it could have been so, so much more. The company had a major opportunity to do something really great and could have created its own niche. Instead (and IMO and I don't mean to offend) they designed an ugly SUV to compete in an already overcrowded segment that offers little, if any, more value than its competitors at a much higher price. They then handled its introduction and advertising abysmally.
Old 07-25-2003, 06:44 PM
Bob D.
Racer

Received 16 Likes on 6 Posts

Since some of you asked, FWIW here is a link to some info on Cayene sales; http://www.imakenews.com/autospies/e...e000156164.cfm

I travel daily in an extremely upscale area and have seen several S models and several turbos, but the local dealer also has plenty on the lot....

Can't get out of my head an early review that said the truck looked like "a slightly homely 996 on stilts."

Quick Reply: So much for Cayenne saving Porsche's racing program