Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

993 Track car - Part out or sell whole?

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2014, 12:02 PM
Tom D's 993
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks so much guys. The consensus seems to be sell whole..... although those needing some of the items might beg to differ ;-)
I will list it shortly and if it doesn't sell, I'm saving everyones pm's and will follow up accordingly.
I looked closer at the Ontario registration card and it appears to actually be a title as the seller signed it in the appropriate location on the back. It's much smaller than the typical US title. I also have the DOT doc's including the Customs form.
I prefaced my question with how much fun the car is to drive. It's not unlike the various auto mags gushing over Boxsters. They aren't the fastest or the best at any one thing but put all the parts together in a way that makes the car a blast to drive.
I'll never forget my first drive after I bought it. There was no way I could wait until the following spring. It was a very cold late November drive at Summit Point. I waited for everyone to go on track and then went out. I thought OMG what have I done, this thing is all over the place and I'm going to have so much work to do to get it right.... until after a couple of laps I started catching up to the rest of the field and I was going soo much faster. This coming from a track 951.
It took a couple of track days the next spring to come completely at grips with the car. It rotated amazingly well, throttle steered unlike anything I'd ever driven and sounded amazing, the steering effort perfectly matched the clutch effort, which perfectly matched the snickity snick shifter, which perfectly matched the brake effort.....
Then I have to say, Porsche got it completely right with the RS driveline. As a PCA instructor for several years, I've driven many 993's. But the combination of the 3.8 torque curve with a single mass flywheel and the euro gears with an lsd, this thing is on a whole new level. Gearing is near perfect and the rpms drop perfectly into the next upshift. Heal and toe downshifts can't be done any better by a computer.
I suppose that's what would hurt with parting it out.
We talk about this quite a bit at the DE's. While there are newer cars out there that go faster with all sorts of hp, better suspensions and electronic driver aids, I guarantee they're not having as much fun!
Old 01-29-2014, 12:14 PM
Bill Verburg
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 569 Likes on 392 Posts

Originally Posted by Tom D's 993
Thanks so much guys. The consensus seems to be sell whole..... although those needing some of the items might beg to differ ;-)
I will list it shortly and if it doesn't sell, I'm saving everyones pm's and will follow up accordingly.
I looked closer at the Ontario registration card and it appears to actually be a title as the seller signed it in the appropriate location on the back. It's much smaller than the typical US title. I also have the DOT doc's including the Customs form.
I prefaced my question with how much fun the car is to drive. It's not unlike the various auto mags gushing over Boxsters. They aren't the fastest or the best at any one thing but put all the parts together in a way that makes the car a blast to drive.
I'll never forget my first drive after I bought it. There was no way I could wait until the following spring. It was a very cold late November drive at Summit Point. I waited for everyone to go on track and then went out. I thought OMG what have I done, this thing is all over the place and I'm going to have so much work to do to get it right.... until after a couple of laps I started catching up to the rest of the field and I was going soo much faster. This coming from a track 951.
It took a couple of track days the next spring to come completely at grips with the car. It rotated amazingly well, throttle steered unlike anything I'd ever driven and sounded amazing, the steering effort perfectly matched the clutch effort, which perfectly matched the snickity snick shifter, which perfectly matched the brake effort.....
Then I have to say, Porsche got it completely right with the RS driveline. As a PCA instructor for several years, I've driven many 993's. But the combination of the 3.8 torque curve with a single mass flywheel and the euro gears with an lsd, this thing is on a whole new level. Gearing is near perfect and the rpms drop perfectly into the next upshift. Heal and toe downshifts can't be done any better by a computer.
I suppose that's what would hurt with parting it out.
We talk about this quite a bit at the DE's. While there are newer cars out there that go faster with all sorts of hp, better suspensions and electronic driver aids, I guarantee they're not having as much fun!
Amen
Old 01-29-2014, 12:37 PM
Holger3.2
Rennlist Member

Received 309 Likes on 171 Posts

Gues that's why we all still here

Falcon your right... overlooked it

Last edited by Holger3.2; 01-29-2014 at 01:38 PM.
Old 01-29-2014, 06:27 PM
JGB
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

As far as price goes the mentioned $38K would be a bargain IMHO. As a recent shopper I can give a couple of examples...

I was talking with rennlister cavlino about his 993 RS clone before I went to the dark side and bought the '04 6GT3. It was only the problems of licensing it locally that prevented further discussions, oh and he found a local buyer around the same time
His posting was https://rennlist.com/forums/showthre...errerid=102629

Also rennlister RickBetterley has his 993 track car for sale at:https://rennlist.com/forums/showthre...errerid=102629
Here the only issue for me was I wanted a car I could drive to the track.

Quick Reply: 993 Track car - Part out or sell whole?