Notices
993 Forum 1995-1998
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Totalled up my 2013 993 (non-mod) expenses $2143. How'd you do?

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2014, 08:03 PM
BradB
Drifting

Received 43 Likes on 36 Posts

For 2013:

-Oil and filters changed
-Goldenrod
-Short Shifter
-Brake fluid flushed

Everything has been DIY.
Old 01-17-2014, 02:57 AM
bcameron59
Rennlist Member

Received 55 Likes on 42 Posts

About $5500, including top end rebuild with new valves & guides (thanks Steve W!), pretty much all the seals, a ton of fresh hardware, plug wires, hydraulic lifters, and just about every other "while I'm in there" item you can think of.

This is not including about $2K upgrades ie LWF and clutch, plus some suspension bits. And before that, close to $2K in 2011 for new shocks and M030 springs & sways.

I better start driving it again, it's getting too expensive to keep working on it. And, PLEASE - don't tell my wife...

Originally Posted by Ed Hughes
For your info, they (Pelican) beat Sunset on a LOT of prices recently, and I spent a ton the last two months.
+1 I found that Pelican's pricing on seals and many sundries are actually pretty good if you aren't dead set on a Porsche label on the box or bag. Sunset and Sonnen are good for original Porsche parts pricing on bigger items. I like that you can get prices instantly on Sonnen, though Sunset can be slightly cheaper (like a buck or two) on costly items.

I've even found great deals on Autohaus AZ and Rock Auto for plug wires and commodity stuff like air & oil filters, and distributor rotors and caps. Of course if you want specialty or performance stuff rather than stock, there are many more options with our various forum sponsors. All depends on what you want; shop around and you'll figure out who has best prices for what stuff. I can't help my Scottish heritage.

Quick Reply: Totalled up my 2013 993 (non-mod) expenses $2143. How'd you do?