Notices
993 Forum 1995-1998
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

OT ~ I am grateful for my 993 buddies and their love of 'the girls'....

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2014, 09:13 PM
RJT
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 354 Likes on 158 Posts
Default OT ~ I am grateful for my 993 buddies and their love of 'the girls'....

I just wanted to thank all of you who helped me try to achieve my fund raising goal for the Susan G Komen Race for the Cure that was held last October. The numbers have finally been totaled. They have counted every last penny. I was able to raise $5,704.55 which was 71% of my goal. I would have been NO WHERE near that number without the help of all my great many friends here on the 993 forum. Even though I had a harder time fund raising in 2013, I still came in as not only the #2 highest fundraiser for the race overall, but I came in as the #1 Survivor fundraiser!! Woo Whoo for me!!! As a thank you, a local Jeweler gifted me a gorgeous bracelet that I have posted a picture of below. Not only that, but Marriott has given me 2 nights in a premier suite, with breakfast and dinner included AND, somehow, I was also given a FREE detail of one of my cars at a local high end detailer. I have NO IDEA how they found out I was a car gal Seriously, how did they know? Anyway, I wanted to thank all of you for your help in saving the boobies of the world. Hopefully one day we won't have to fund raise at all because they will have found a cure for cancer. We all know too many people that it has affected in this life one way or the other. I have been blessed to be a survivor, and until the day when there is a cure, may there be many more people who will be blessed and they too will be able to call themselves SURVIVORS !

Hugs to y'all......
Attached Images  
Old 01-07-2014, 10:15 PM
993/907
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Goes to show ya'..........good things happen to good people.

Gordo
Old 01-07-2014, 10:34 PM
curve lover
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by RJT

Woo Whoo for me!!!
Woo whoo for you!!!
Originally Posted by RJT

Marriott has given me 2 nights in a premier suite.
You & Robert have fun
Originally Posted by RJT

LOL! me at the Desert Inn in our suite.

Old 01-07-2014, 11:11 PM
RJT
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Holy cow Jag! That picture was taken 24 years and 18 Porsche's ago. We had a '74 911 at that time I was just a spring chicken back then. HA!

Thanks for the giggle and Gordo, than you too!
Old 01-09-2014, 09:19 AM
mongrelcat
Drifting

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Your posts always make me smile, JoAnne..

Cheers to you and your family, Happy New Year.
Old 01-10-2014, 08:15 PM
RJT
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

I aim to please

Y'all make me smile too.

Have a GREAT weekend!
Old 01-11-2014, 07:23 PM
J4yDubs
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by RJT
AND, somehow, I was also given a FREE detail of one of my cars at a local high end detailer. I have NO IDEA how they found out I was a car gal Seriously, how did they know?
It's pretty easy to spot someone special... both as a survivor and car girl! Enjoy the perks. You deserve them.

Originally Posted by RJT
I have been blessed to be a survivor, and until the day when there is a cure, may there be many more people who will be blessed and they too will be able to call themselves SURVIVORS !
From one survivor (now missing one of "the boys") to another all I can say is AMEN. Keep doing what you do!

John
Old 04-03-2014, 12:47 AM
groovzilla
Rennlist Member

Received 4,943 Likes on 2,922 Posts

joanne - i appreciate the work you have done even more these days - my sister was just diagnosed with breast cancer - real bummer

Quick Reply: OT ~ I am grateful for my 993 buddies and their love of 'the girls'....