993s and Porsche Salesmen

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-2013, 12:35 PM
ble2011
Drifting

Received 20 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Parnelli
Is that Concours or International ?
International Porsche. I must add, I never had them service my 983. Only have stopped for quotes on wheel balancing and then brought the wheels in. When I went after work to pick up the wheels, the service manager had them in his office "for safe keeping".
Old 12-31-2013, 02:45 PM
tian647
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Van1
I did get some very nice treatment from the Porsche service advisor recently when I took my Touareg in for an alignment after I replaced front control arms. He was excited having a V10 TDI in for service and had never seen one in person. I was flattered that somebody who deals with new Cayenne Turbos on a weekly basis was impressed with my 7+ year old VW.
Good lord, a 2007 is 7+ years old already?!? One of these days I guess I'm not going to be able to avoid buying a vehicle made this century...

The local Porsche dealer here (Aristocrat) has always been friendly regardless of what I pulled up in or how I was attired, and has done a better job of gauging my knowledge and responding appropriately. At many other dealerships (even at other marques sold by Aristocrat) the sales staff just assume you know nothing and that you demand to be lectured on why you're an irresponsible imbecile for not instantly purchasing one of their in-stock inventory...probably out of habit, but I always ponder are there really so many people who make such large purchase decisions based on that behavior? Yikes.

Christian
'95 Carrera
Old 12-31-2013, 03:07 PM
Dino944
Drifting

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by vincer77
I remember when I bought my first car at Chick Iverson in Newport Beach,, a VW Rabbit Convertible, the salesmen told me about a guy who walked in in jeans and flip flops. None of the Porsche sales guys took notice. Since he was a VW sales guy, he helped him. Sold him a 911 within an hour. In sales, you can never judge a book by it's cover - especially today.
Similar story in the late 70s early 80s involved a guy who walked into a Rolls Royce Dealer, wearing a Hawaiian shirt, shorts and flip flops. Most sales of the sales people ignored him. Only one guy approached him and he bought the a brand new (at the time) Rolls Corniche...they guy they were ignoring was Reggie Jackson.

Originally Posted by cpdjfd107
My local dealership, Inskip Porsche love the air cooled, but I only use them for cheap small parts or to get tires mounted and balanced. They happen to have one of the best air cooled mechanics in the country. his name is Pat Duggan. Dealership prices keep me at Indies though.
Pat has a great reputation and is in high demand, but the experience of another local PCA member led me to avoid their service department (His bad experiences did not involve Pat, and granted I don't have an air cooled car so I don't specifically need Pat to do the work). In addition, my recent shopping experience there was very unimpressive. So I ordered new car at another Porsche dealer.
Old 12-31-2013, 06:20 PM
993Brendan
Drifting

Received 60 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by Cuda911
I drove my 996 to this dealership today. Was even wearing a Tag. Couldn't get the salesman to even step out of his office.
Everytime I've gone to a mixed brand high end place, I also get ignored. That said, they were right to ignore me...I think they get alot of people in there who gawk at the cars and don't buy anything. Happens at the high end guitar shop Gruhns here in Nashville as well. If I was ever serious about something at a place like that, I'd probably call ahead and tell whoever they shuffled me to that I'm coming in.
Old 12-31-2013, 09:05 PM
cgfen
Rennlist Member

Received 869 Likes on 573 Posts

i'm on a "first-name" basis with several sales dudes.
They know I own a 993 and am stuck in the past, but they tolerate me because Maya has bought 2 new P cars in the last 5 years.
Porsche doesn't make anything currently that;
  • I really want
  • or could afford to buy if I did (new GT3).

Craig

Quick Reply: 993s and Porsche Salesmen