Originally Posted by boxcarracer
Is this really Seinfeld's?
no
but dont be surprise when he gets one.
Old 12-19-2013, 03:11 AM
jbigelow
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What does RWB mean?!?! In one word it means FAMILY. First of all RWB (aka RAUH-Welt Begriff) is not just a brand but a group of friends/enthusiasts that have one common interest/passion: the joy of machine. Building and modifying Porsches and driving them.

There are many members in this RAUH-Welt group and some don't even drive air cooled Porsches...... There are old school Toyota Ae86s, Nissan Sylvia, and also a few water cooled Porsche 996 GT3s...

But in the past 5 years, the RWB name became synonymous with mostly air cooled Porsches.... A passion that Nakai has and is familiar with. From 930-964-993.

His passion for modifying was with his work on his personal first Porsche 930. He modified his Porsche to his style and as a track weapon. People loved his work/style that they asked him to start modifying their air cooled Porsches also... And the rest was history...

He must be doing something right since people all over the world love his cars.

It is a love/hate relationship. You either love it or you don't.

Nakai-San /RWB is just another avenue of modding of classic Porsches just like Magnus Walker and Singer.

I LOVE all three of these tuners..... All have a different take to modding and style. And they all look good in my eyes.

As for "all show and no go" comment.... I beg to differ......

Most of the RWB cars in Japan are club raced and there is even a 12 hour endurance race which close friends and RWB customers are invited to attend every year.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7aoyViay3dg&sns=em

Every RWB car is different and unique and is built per customers request and specs...... Just the same way as each one of us modify our cars...... some modify their cars and some don't, and modifications are either tame or extreme.

Anyways, if you are able to watch Nakai-San build a RWB car in person and see the perfection to detail and time he puts toward each car, u will understand what PASSION is all about.

He is the most humble guy and is friendly to all..... And he respects all other tuners and their ideas.

So before u judge a guy and blast him and his builds, get to know that person. You can't judge a book by its cover and there are more than one way to skin a cat.

I've met and known Nakai for about 3 years now and I am honored to have him and the rest of the INTERNATIONAL RWB members as my family and friends.

He is just like us: loves Porsches, loves to modify, and drive the heck outta them.

Old 12-19-2013, 03:23 AM
jbigelow
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Oh yeah on the topic of Leh Keen's RWB build for his father's gift

I was in SF watching Nakai-San working on Keen's red 993 before Sema and Nakai returned after Sema to finish.

It came out beautiful

Here are two links to the car

http://instagram.com/p/hEI4lDKNNc/

http://instagram.com/p/hHJblWqNO1/
Old 12-19-2013, 04:16 PM
Spyerx
Rennlist Member

Received 1,730 Likes on 1,058 Posts

+1 on RWB I like the look & the culture behind it. Next trip to Japan I'll be heading to Chiba to visit the shop. I like the over the top 964/993 look.
Old 12-31-2013, 01:52 AM
niche
Drifting

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

While I agree with Ed on what RWB does to 993s... too much like a caricature. I think the 964s with smooth fenders work quite well!
Attached Images   
Old 12-31-2013, 08:44 AM
flyingchappy
Rennlist Member

Received 20 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by niche
While I agree with Ed on what RWB does to 993s... too much like a caricature. I think the 964s with smooth fenders work quite well!
+1
Old 12-31-2013, 08:49 AM
zirrah
Drifting

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I'm with niche on this on. But to each his own. With RWB there's typically not much middle ground, that's for sure.
Old 12-31-2013, 09:45 AM
Cactus
Noodle Jr.
Rennlist Member

Received 207 Likes on 133 Posts

I'll take this please...
Old 12-31-2013, 10:21 AM
zirrah
Drifting

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Cactus
I'll take this please...
Yup. I'd drop the graphics but that's just me. Sick though.
Old 12-31-2013, 10:58 AM
boxcarracer
Rennlist Member

Received 89 Likes on 40 Posts

This is the nicest 993 from RWB cause it has smooth fenders

Now the real question is, wtf was he thinking when he started putting this one together

Quick Reply: Name That Owner