Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Mods - The Fun Has Begun!

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2013 | 11:47 PM
Bola964
Pro

Default Mods - The Fun Has Begun!

I have finally started the Mods I've been planning for a while on the Pastel Yellow C2.

Completed:
Suspension - New Bilsteins HD6 with Factory M033 Springs
Dash - Radio Delete, Front Console Delete, Lower Dash Delete, Rennline Six Buttons Plate Addition, re-covering of all Under the Dash Wires

In the works:
Seats - Hardbacks Sports Seats being re-upholsted with Basketweave Inserts
Door Panels - RS Door Panels with Basketsweave Inserts
Carpets - New carpets in Charcoal Germanweave Pattern with Rear Seats Delete
Steering Wheel - Momo Prototipo with Airbag Delete, and Leather Embossed Porsche Crest Horn Button
Wheels - Paint Job in Dark Grey for the New Ten Spokes 17s

Next Steps:
Exterior - Paint Job, RS Front Splitters, Ducktail, Front Bumperette Delete, Euro Blinkers Addition, Side Decals Addition, Calipers Paint Job
Sound - Bluetooth Amplifier for Iphone Connection for the Morning News Fix

Planning Stages:
Exhaust - Fister Stage IIIs
Center Console Delete - Solution for the Delete in the Shifter and Ebrake Area (temporarily I have cut it right in front of the shifter to accommodate the front console delete)

Well, and anywhere else that the compulsive addiction directs me......

Rodrigo
Attached Images  
Old 11-12-2013 | 11:55 PM
Jarg1
Racer

Nice, coincidentally I just finished the radio delete switch panel installation today myself. And I haven't put my CCU back in yet either. I'm still trying to decide how best to handle the switch harness now that the lower dash and console is gone. Do you have a shot of yours?
Old 11-13-2013 | 12:32 AM
Bola964
Pro

I don't have a picture of the switch harness after it was done yet. Will take one tomorrow, but I think it is still a temporary solution, as I'll try to hide them behind the foam/rubber horizontal piece in there.
Do you have a picture to share?
thanks.
r.
Attached Images  
Old 11-13-2013 | 12:51 AM
Jarg1
Racer

Originally Posted by Bola964
I don't have a picture of the switch harness after it was done yet. Will take one tomorrow, but I think it is still a temporary solution, as I'll try to hide them behind the foam/rubber horizontal piece in there.
Do you have a picture to share?
thanks.
r.
Great, I look forward to seeing your results. I found there wan't much slack on the harness, even after I removed it from the zip tie near the accelerator, and that limits the options quite a bit.
Old 11-13-2013 | 01:13 AM
Jarg1
Racer

And yes, I have a photo. If nothing else it should make you feel better about where you are in the process!
Attached Images  
Old 11-13-2013 | 01:33 AM
Bola964
Pro

Scott,
I noticed that the area in front of the shifter is all clear of the struts that hold the front console and OBDII connection plug in place.
Did you have to cut them off, or were they bolted to the floor and you just had to unscrew them?
I did not remove my carpet yet, so I can really tell, but they sure looked soldered to the tunnel section.
Thanks.
R.
Old 11-13-2013 | 01:47 AM
Jarg1
Racer

Scott,
I noticed that the area in front of the shifter is all clear of the struts that hold the front console and OBDII connection plug in place.
Did you have to cut them off, or were they bolted to the floor and you just had to unscrew them?
I did not remove my carpet yet, so I can really tell, but they sure looked soldered to the tunnel section.
Thanks.
R.
I had hoped they were bolted also, but they are spot welded. I have been using a variety of methods to remove the assorted brackets on the console. I was able to get one set out by rocking it back and forth with pliers until the weld broke. I used a grinder to cut off the three screws you will find sticking up. but you could use a large wire cutter, though it probably won't cut flush with the metal so you would still have to find a way to clean that up, maybe using a rasp. I used a spot weld bit on the six spot welds on the large driver side mounted bracket. I still have one more bracket just forward of the shift to remove. Regardless I ended up with holes everywhere there was a spot weld, but this is normal. I'm going to take it in to have them welded shut, though I don't think it is necessary.
Old 11-13-2013 | 06:58 PM
Jarg1
Racer

Attached are a couple more photos I took today after reassembling the dash. The first is passenger eye level, which doesn't look too bad if you imagine carpeting installed, and the other is from shift **** level which shows how difficult it is going to be to get the wiring sorted out. I've been searching for a cabling tube but so far haven't seen anything that I think will look right.
Attached Images   
Old 11-13-2013 | 11:50 PM
Bola964
Pro

Scott,
Pictures of my temporary solution.
Attached Images  
Old 11-13-2013 | 11:51 PM
Bola964
Pro

Attached Images  
Old 11-13-2013 | 11:51 PM
Bola964
Pro

Attached Images  
Old 11-14-2013 | 12:04 AM
1990-964
Pro

Where did you source the switch panel from? That looks great.
Old 11-14-2013 | 12:16 AM
Bola964
Pro

Rennline.com

Attention: the emergency button (red) only fits in the upside down position. No one mentions that....
Old 11-14-2013 | 12:45 AM
Jarg1
Racer

Scott,
Pictures of my temporary solution.
Good job, definitely looks cleaner than where I'm at now.
Old 11-14-2013 | 12:55 AM
nile13
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rodrigo, come play at a local autocross. I believe they run at Sunlife stadium (or whatever they call it this week). I'll try to make i out there a few times this winter in my NC Miata.

Quick Reply: Mods - The Fun Has Begun!