993 Forum 1995-1998

Interior deck cover replacement options

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2013, 10:41 PM
Jarg1
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Interior deck cover replacement options

I removed the rear seats and am planning on installing new carpet, probably using the Appbiz RS carpet kit since they offer it in blue, with some modifications. I want to retain the dark blue vinyl sides and deck, but the current deck piece has the Hifi speakers, and I am going with a stereo delete. I know I could try to re-cover the existing piece, but I am also considering buying a replacement instead. Does anyone have experience with this company? http://www.classic9leathershop.com/9...8-porsche-911/

The optional vertical seams are interesting, though I can't decide if they would look out of place in a 993.

Or has anyone used another company for the same part that they would recommend?
Old 11-05-2013, 08:39 AM
Bill Verburg
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 520 Likes on 359 Posts

Originally Posted by Jarg1
I removed the rear seats and am planning on installing new carpet, probably using the Appbiz RS carpet kit since they offer it in blue, with some modifications. I want to retain the dark blue vinyl sides and deck, but the current deck piece has the Hifi speakers, and I am going with a stereo delete. I know I could try to re-cover the existing piece, but I am also considering buying a replacement instead. Does anyone have experience with this company? http://www.classic9leathershop.com/9...8-porsche-911/

The optional vertical seams are interesting, though I can't decide if they would look out of place in a 993.

Classic 9 is great to work w/ and does great work if you can get the car or parts to them.

two ways to go wrt the rear deck,
use yours(or a spare) and fill the holes(usually a full inset in the top is best or the holes will print through the thin carpet) w/ l/w plywood or similar, then cover w/ carpet or vinyl or leather.

or cut foam to fit the space and allow for the wiring there, cover as above

either works the foam will be lower the other will match the arch of the oe vinyl one

I like the carpet from Lakewell it is a perfect match for the oe carpet
Old 11-05-2013, 10:20 AM
XavierLaFlamme
Rennlist Member

Received 100 Likes on 42 Posts

Originally Posted by Jarg1

Classic9 did my Tartan seats and did a nice job. I however am not as obsessed with detail as others are here.

Bob was easy to work with and met deadlines.
Attached Images  

Last edited by XavierLaFlamme; 11-05-2013 at 10:50 AM.
Old 11-05-2013, 11:50 AM
1stgear
Rennlist Member

Received 131 Likes on 43 Posts

Bob/Classic9 just did my rear deck. I did a speaker delete as well. I did vinyl on the top and leather on the bottom. The cost was $450 shipped. The hardest part of the whole process was finding a box to ship the deck in.

Anyway, it turned out great. I'll snap a photo later and post it up.
Old 11-05-2013, 11:58 AM
ginch
Rennlist Member

Received 115 Likes on 77 Posts

How do you remove the rear section?
Old 11-05-2013, 12:29 PM
Jarg1
Racer

Originally Posted by ginch
How do you remove the rear section?
If you mean the deck cover, it is very easy. 4 screws, remove the clips to the speakers, and lift out. If you mean anything else in the rear, such as the carpet or seats, that is quite a bit more involved.
Old 11-05-2013, 12:38 PM
Jarg1
Racer

Originally Posted by 1stgear
Bob/Classic9 just did my rear deck. I did a speaker delete as well. I did vinyl on the top and leather on the bottom. The cost was $450 shipped. The hardest part of the whole process was finding a box to ship the deck in.

Anyway, it turned out great. I'll snap a photo later and post it up.
So you sent your existing deck to be redone? I was thinking of just ordering the new cover and doing it myself. Ideally I would use and OEM liner without cutouts or cover, but apparently that doesn't exist. The factory part# 993.555.245.00 came covered and the only price I found for it was $1100. What a deal!

I look forward to seeing the photo.
Old 11-05-2013, 02:57 PM
1stgear
Rennlist Member

Here's the finished product, Scott.

Bob did the rear seats too. They started out as black vinyl.

Old 11-05-2013, 03:23 PM
Jarg1
Racer

Here's the finished product, Scott.

Bob did the rear seats too. They started out as black vinyl.

Thanks, very nice. The picture also reminded me that I no longer need the rear seat belt cutouts. I guess I'll contact Bob to see what he can do.

Thanks again.
Old 11-05-2013, 03:36 PM
1stgear
Rennlist Member

I thought about having mine removed, but I don't think I'm going to be installing a roll bar. I had a DAS in my '87 911 and I didn't like the way it obstructed the rear window.

I'm sure if you have them removed, Bob can do a good job.
Old 11-05-2013, 07:12 PM
ginch
Rennlist Member

Received 115 Likes on 77 Posts

So my rear shelf looks just like this picture. See how it dips lower towards the rear on the drivers side. Does this mean the shelf is warped or is this normal?
Old 11-05-2013, 10:06 PM
Roverdoc
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Scott I have a spare rear deck if you want something cheap to send out and want to keep yours stock to convert back at a later date. I am in the Bay Area. Dan
Old 11-05-2013, 10:33 PM
Jarg1
Racer

Originally Posted by Roverdoc
Scott I have a spare rear deck if you want something cheap to send out and want to keep yours stock to convert back at a later date. I am in the Bay Area. Dan
PM sent. Thanks.

Quick Reply: Interior deck cover replacement options