Sponsored by:

Another C&C and tie-rod pinning party in OC, CA

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2013, 09:23 PM
Kika
Nordschleife Master

Received 80 Likes on 61 Posts

Originally Posted by eddie_993
Have to go to the office unexpectedly tomorrow so unfortunately won't be able to come. You guys have fun!
Worse for me, my wife has a list of honey dos, including putting all the Halloween decorations away, and trimming some trees that are blocking our view of the Hollywood sign even though it is 30 miles away....my daughter also has a soccer game in the AM.

On the other hand we are off to the beach right now for a walk to the pier, watch the sunset, pound a few beers and have dinner with some friends, then hit the hot tub and drink wine at their place later. So what fun I will miss tomorrow, I will try and make up for tonight.

I sure wish I could join you guys, try and enjoy yourselves without me.

At least I got to drive the 993 today and use my fresh AC. Even though it was 78 in Torrance, I measured vent temps as low as 40 using an IR thermometer.

LuckyJ has the pins, so I hope his Targa brakes are done!
Old 11-01-2013, 09:58 PM
For202fly
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

PM sent, I don't know where I'm going in the morning..
Old 11-01-2013, 10:50 PM
windydog
Pro

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

So is it still a go, I am confused.
I will not be able to do C&C, but was planning to arrive around 10:30 ish.

Can you PM me your address?

Thanks!
Old 11-01-2013, 11:04 PM
Halcyon
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm not sure if I'll be able to wake up for C&C considering I have to stay up and work till late tonight. Can you pm me the address too, just in case I slept in a little bit?
Look forward to see all of you guys tomorrow!
Old 11-02-2013, 01:08 AM
mgianzero
Rennlist Member

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Guys,

I know a few of us couldn't make it tomorrow, but I can't reschedule for next week as I have made plans on the 9th.

So we're still on for tomorrow, Nov 2nd, at 10am for the tie rod pinning. If you can, join us at C&C around 6am.

I think I've PM'ed everyone my address. Last shout out for more folks to come by tomorrow if you can.

Marc Gianzero
Old 11-02-2013, 09:10 PM
For202fly
Rennlist Member

That was awesome! Just wanted to be the first to say thank you to Marc. Your hospitality is only surpassed by your vast knowledge of these fun little machines. Also a special thanks to Johnc4s (John) for also helping me get my FisterIII installed! They really set the tone (pun intended).To the rest of you gentleman, it was great hanging out, talkin rides, and getting to know you all. I'll put up a photo or two when I get them downloaded this evening. Marc, I'll give you a call this week to pick up those pans we left behind and bring you some different flavors al a Bootleggers. BOOYAH
Old 11-02-2013, 09:54 PM
Kika
Nordschleife Master

Received 80 Likes on 61 Posts

Originally Posted by For202fly
That was awesome! Just wanted to be the first to say thank you to Marc. Your hospitality is only surpassed by your vast knowledge of these fun little machines. Also a special thanks to Johnc4s (John) for also helping me get my FisterIII installed! They really set the tone (pun intended).To the rest of you gentleman, it was great hanging out, talkin rides, and getting to know you all. I'll put up a photo or two when I get them downloaded this evening. Marc, I'll give you a call this week to pick up those pans we left behind and bring you some different flavors al a Bootleggers. BOOYAH
How do you like the pinned tie rods? Guessing your mileage will suffer to with those IIIs too. I was cutting trees most of the day. I would have much rather been with you guys.

How many 993s got pinned? New world record?
Old 11-02-2013, 09:58 PM
nine9six
Banned

Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts

+993^
Thank you Marc and all you RL fellas...

Windy dog, we're gonna get that drill bit remnant outta that tie rod!

Cheers, Paul
Old 11-02-2013, 11:44 PM
windydog
Pro

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Funny story.

On the way home, the drill bit fell out. I put the car on the ramps to take some pictures and get some advice from the machine shop at work.

Well I guess I am somewhat lucky.

Also a big thanks to our host! I am glad I got to be part of the event today and to meet so many great people.
Old 11-03-2013, 12:36 AM
C4SJOHN
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts

Marc, thanks for allowing all of us to hang out at your place again today and working / talking about Porsche, we also eat some great pizza too. Thanks again for training and allowing ***** ( grandson ) to be our new lift operator for the day. He talked about that all the way home. Thanks to all the guys that brought the new to me type beers their was some good tasting stuff. John

Last edited by C4SJOHN; 11-03-2013 at 12:21 PM.
Old 11-03-2013, 12:43 AM
C4SJOHN
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts

Windydog, let me know what Jack D has to say when you talk to him about meeting me. It was nice meeting you today, what a small world...glad to see that the bit drop out during your drive home...
Old 11-03-2013, 01:18 AM
esc911
Rennlist Member

I have to echo what everyone else has said. It was a blast today meeting everyone and talking Porsches, eating pizza and drinking some beers. Definitely a big thanks to Marc today for hosting and letting this whole thing happen.
Old 11-03-2013, 01:43 PM
Halcyon
Racer

Thank you so much, Marc!! I felt the difference immediately when I drove home! Couldn't have happened without you. It was great meeting everybody and their 993s too .
Old 11-03-2013, 03:06 PM
For202fly
Rennlist Member

How do you like the pinned tie rods? Guessing your mileage will suffer to with those IIIs too. I was cutting trees most of the day. I would have much rather been with you guys.
Ha! I almost forgot. You know, Fister action and all, my mind got lost in my ears. Pinning is great, I have a small amount of bump steer (it sits very low) that needs to still be worked out, but the pinning DID help. I also found out some things about my suspension. The rear has been lowered with H&R springs and the fronts are some sort of adjustable components, but not sure what. So, I guess that is left on the slippery slope as a TBD.
Old 11-03-2013, 04:11 PM
mgianzero
Rennlist Member

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts
Default Some pics to remember.

Guys,

You are all welcome with regards to the party. It was fun.

Here are a few snap-shots to remember.

Pic 1 - Paul all suited up for the challenge. Guess that's what happens when a machinist brings all his toys!

Pic 2 - Whoops! We broke the bit! Now what?

Pic 3 - A close-up of how to pin your tie-rod with a drill bit! Glad it fell out afterwards. We'll have to reschedule a time to finish the whole project and install a REAL pin.

Glad you all had fun. Kika - we ate your piece of pizza and drank a beer or two for you. Can't say it compares to trimming your trees!
Attached Images    

Quick Reply: Another C&C and tie-rod pinning party in OC, CA