Sponsored by:

Santa came early to my house!

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2013, 08:50 PM
C4SJOHN
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts

Paul, I have a LWF in my 993, after the car is fully warm up you can hear the transmission gears during the times when the car is stopped. When the clutch is engage the gear feedback sound stops.....
Old 10-29-2013, 09:00 PM
schubee
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Paul902
Whatever flywheel I have acts like that with temp. What do you have, John?
Paul,

I purchased my kit from FD Motorsports, if I recall correctly mine had the blue springs on the clutch disc. Their site says its the Sachs clutch disk but I think it's the GT2 disc.
Old 10-29-2013, 09:25 PM
Kika
Nordschleife Master

Received 80 Likes on 61 Posts

Originally Posted by schubee
...you forgot about the muffler bearing!

Mine is usually quiet when cold; after it warms up, the "rattling" kicks in! Not sure if you have Fister III's but that'll definitely camouflage the bucket of bolts!

Btw...where did you obtain the Porsche decals or stencils for your calipers?
I had my muffler bearings checked, the original ones were still good.

I didn't drive much, so nothing got very warm. I'll see what happens tomorrow when I go for a longer drive. No Fisters, I have Motor Sound cans though.

My mechanic did the calipers, they are stickers, high temp paint, then apply the stickers, the apply clear coat over the top. Not sure where he sourced them from, I think he has a friend that does them.

I did the calipers on my 80 SC, and I used stickers that I bought off ebay.

http://www.ebay.com/bhp/porsche-caliper-decal

Acromann carries them as well, but they are a little more expensive: http://www.acromann.com/index.php?cPath=726_731
Old 10-29-2013, 09:28 PM
Kika
Nordschleife Master

Received 80 Likes on 61 Posts

Originally Posted by Paul902
Kika, thanks for your initial impressions. I found a NIB second hand Sachs LWF kit for sale and picked it up, but I am uncertain now what I actually already have in my car, since my RPMs drop faster than some peoples cars already. Could you time how long it takes to drop from 4k rpm to 1k rpm and post it in my thread here?

Do you notice any noise when accelerating in second from below 2k rpm?

cheers,
for the 4k to 1k drop, does it matter what gear the tranny is in, or in neutral?
Old 10-29-2013, 09:37 PM
luckyJ
Pro

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

...Btw...where did you obtain the Porsche decals or stencils for your calipers?
Schubee, I have decals that I purchased from Acromann that I am not using bc my indy has them already for my caliper painting...please PM if you need, I am in SoCal...thanks

Last edited by luckyJ; 10-29-2013 at 09:54 PM.
Old 10-29-2013, 09:44 PM
Paul902
Three Wheelin'

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by C4SJOHN
Paul, I have a LWF in my 993, after the car is fully warm up you can hear the transmission gears during the times when the car is stopped. When the clutch is engage the gear feedback sound stops.....
Thanks, John. Whatever I have is opposite to this, in that the sound is there when the clutch is engaged in neutral at idle. When I disengage the clutch the sound stops. I'm not sure what is in there, or if there is a problem.
Old 10-29-2013, 09:51 PM
Paul902
Three Wheelin'

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Paul,

I purchased my kit from FD Motorsports, if I recall correctly mine had the blue springs on the clutch disc. Their site says its the Sachs clutch disk but I think it's the GT2 disc.

The Sachs kit I recently purchased also has the blue springs in the clutch disc. I am not sure what is in the car right now, and I am hoping to figure it out without taking it out.

Originally Posted by Kika
for the 4k to 1k drop, does it matter what gear the tranny is in, or in neutral?
I did it with the tranny in neutral, but with the clutch pushed in I suppose it does not matter.
Old 10-30-2013, 10:22 PM
schubee
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by luckyJ
Schubee, I have decals that I purchased from Acromann that I am not using bc my indy has them already for my caliper painting...please PM if you need, I am in SoCal...thanks
PM sent!

Hey, I think I was the one who purchased your H&R springs. I came by in my Cayenne! Was that you?