Notices
993 Forum 1995-1998

Interational shipping help-France to US

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2013, 02:34 PM
lopro
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just went thru hours of the same, I wanted to buy the Tramont cups a few weeks ago. Shipping killed the deal I had with Tramont.

Its too bad too because I want to buy a set right now, If you find a solution I would be most interested in knowing a way around the added 1200 for freight.
Old 09-18-2013, 03:06 PM
P-track
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

There must be an affordable way to get those Tramont wheels to you guys in the US. I will do a little investigation and talk to the Tramont people.

Keep you updated
Old 09-18-2013, 04:22 PM
Magdaddy
Rennlist Member

Received 240 Likes on 182 Posts

Originally Posted by P-track
There must be an affordable way to get those Tramont wheels to you guys in the US. I will do a little investigation and talk to the Tramont people.

Keep you updated
Guido...Tramont is working on it also. Makes absolutely no sense to me, the cost to ship.
Old 09-19-2013, 09:25 PM
Magdaddy
Rennlist Member

might have a solution...a friend with a business is gonna look into establishing an account. Might open the gates for some others to jump in at the same time.

Wish us luck!
Old 09-19-2013, 09:49 PM
chsu74
Rennlist Member

Received 311 Likes on 259 Posts

There are many options with Parcel delivery. Look at TNT express also. There are different shipment types. Express to Economy. Price can triple from an overnight to one week transit.

Import duty on wheels is minimal if I remember correctly. The cheapest would be to ship LTL but customs and other consolidator fees would not be worth it.
Old 09-19-2013, 10:54 PM
Magdaddy
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by chsu74
There are many options with Parcel delivery. Look at TNT express also. There are different shipment types. Express to Economy. Price can triple from an overnight to one week transit.

Import duty on wheels is minimal if I remember correctly. The cheapest would be to ship LTL but customs and other consolidator fees would not be worth it.
To get truely cost effective...ie:cheap, you need a busines account. A UPS business account is 1/3 what a UPS personal account is. Both DHL, and TNT only do business accounts...I've spent many hours every day this week trying to nail down a reasonable shipping quote...and I have talked to everybody.

A business shipping account here in the US, negates any additional VAT charges also.

Cautiously optimistic here

Quick Reply: Interational shipping help-France to US