Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Run from this C4S or???

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2013, 12:16 AM
jdistefa
Rennlist Member

Received 534 Likes on 264 Posts

FWIW I thought the description on the eBay listing seemed detailed and fair. I wouldn't be surprised if the car is going to europe.

Big questions are transmission, and potential need for a top-end rebuild. Smaller stuff like wheels bearings, bushings, shocks should be anticipated by any reasonable buyer.
Old 09-16-2013, 01:13 PM
rsabeebe
Rennlist Member

Received 988 Likes on 644 Posts

i think that ended for fair money. considering the mileage on the chassis and maintenance that will certainly come with the mileage, it should make for a nice, clean driver. hope it goes to a good home.
Old 09-19-2013, 10:25 PM
Gabe.
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by geshaghi
Reserve has been met as of early this morning. Had another interested party come inspect the car today and I took it on a nice long test drive with him. I'm starting to feel serious pangs of seller's remorse.....
Originally Posted by jdistefa
FWIW I thought the description on the eBay listing seemed detailed and fair. I wouldn't be surprised if the car is going to europe.

Big questions are transmission, and potential need for a top-end rebuild. Smaller stuff like wheels bearings, bushings, shocks should be anticipated by any reasonable buyer.
Hi Guys,

So I'm the interested party that took a look at the car on Sunday morning. Whoever was the high bidder didn't put down the deposit so it's back on the market.

There were a couple concerns but overall the car drove great and looked clean. I'm having a PPI done down at Ottos tomorrow.

Concerns: unknown history due to the way the car was bought (estate sale)
Passenger rear quarter has had work on it and the filler is starting to crack slightly. The paint needs to be corrected on that panel as it's significantly more dull than the rest of the car.
Windshield has a crack in the line of vision...
And the thing that has me most concerned at the moment is that the transmission grinds a bit slowing down to a stop going from second to first. I think the clutch is on it's way out.

The engine seems extremely strong and the guy that previously owned it drove it daily so it seems to have been maintained well.

I'm looking for a car that will be driven daily as well as for fun on the weekends (autocross and spirited driving) so I don't need something that is perfect. I'll have a better idea of what's going on with the car overall after the PPI but what are your thoughts now that one of us has gone to look at the car?
Old 09-19-2013, 10:32 PM
Magdaddy
Rennlist Member

Received 271 Likes on 202 Posts

Good luck gabe...did you try to contact the owner of that Iris Blue 4S on CL also...or is one blue beauty enough...

sweet R
Old 09-19-2013, 10:37 PM
jg291446
Burning Brakes

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Looking forward to see a new avatar Gabe!!! Good luck on the PPI and keep us informed.
Old 09-19-2013, 10:56 PM
Gabe.
Advanced

Originally Posted by Magdaddy
Good luck gabe...did you try to contact the owner of that Iris Blue 4S on CL also...or is one blue beauty enough...

sweet R
Yep, message has been sent. It's actually a 20th with an R front bumper thanks for noticing though! That car will be missed

Originally Posted by jg291446
Looking forward to see a new avatar Gabe!!! Good luck on the PPI and keep us informed.
I'll let you know the results. Thanks for the positive words
Old 09-19-2013, 11:01 PM
Phil
Phlat Black Guru
Rennlist
Lifetime Member
- Times 2

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

how is a mulitpale owner car worth less than a single owner car?
Old 09-19-2013, 11:06 PM
Magdaddy
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Gabe.
Yep, message has been sent. It's actually a 20th with an R front bumper thanks for noticing though! That car will be missed

I'll let you know the results. Thanks for the positive words
I spent a couple of months looking(again) for an 04 R earlier this year. I've been following them FS for years now. Really thought I was ready...prices all over the place, most folks price them to sit. I eventually found the holy grail, a DMB 41K mile, one owner-master VW tech, Haladex orange controller, two wheelsets, no mods otherwise...he wanted $18.5 firm. Car was not advertised anywhere, a friend of a friend, of a friend got me the contact. There simply wasn't a better car in the marketplace, for any money.

Then I realized...I still wasn't ready. I didn't need a third vehicle, ain't selling the C4S, still need my old truck fro doing trail work, etc. Uggggh, am I ever gonna own one?

Best of luck with the 993 search gabe, they are truely spectacular cars.
Old 09-27-2013, 10:16 PM
geshaghi
Cruisin'

Car remains available and I have dropped the price to $30k. Yes she does have a few needs, consistent with the mileage and use as a driver, but I believe the price reflects this. Happy to discuss the car in detail with anyone who is seriously interested. Thx
Old 09-28-2013, 03:35 PM
Gabe.
Advanced

I spent a couple of months looking(again) for an 04 R earlier this year. I've been following them FS for years now. Really thought I was ready...prices all over the place, most folks price them to sit. I eventually found the holy grail, a DMB 41K mile, one owner-master VW tech, Haladex orange controller, two wheelsets, no mods otherwise...he wanted $18.5 firm. Car was not advertised anywhere, a friend of a friend, of a friend got me the contact. There simply wasn't a better car in the marketplace, for any money.

Then I realized...I still wasn't ready. I didn't need a third vehicle, ain't selling the C4S, still need my old truck fro doing trail work, etc. Uggggh, am I ever gonna own one?

Best of luck with the 993 search gabe, they are truely spectacular cars.
R32's are really fun cars. One of my best friends back home had a Reflex Silver R32 with a Vortec supercharger on it, the exhaust note is intoxicating and that thing was quick! Thanks for the luck on the search, looks like I'll need it

Originally Posted by geshaghi
Car remains available and I have dropped the price to $30k. Yes she does have a few needs, consistent with the mileage and use as a driver, but I believe the price reflects this. Happy to discuss the car in detail with anyone who is seriously interested. Thx
As George mentioned it has a few things it needs consistent with the mileage and possibly a few other items. George is a cool dude and I enjoyed hanging out with him throughout the process. Should be a seamless transaction for whomever ends up purchasing the car.
Old 09-28-2013, 04:24 PM
six gun
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Phil
how is a mulitpale owner car worth less than a single owner car?
1 everyone did the same thing you did in the 911 you drove.

2 when the cost to maintain, exceeded the cost of the next
two payments, it got sold.
Old 09-28-2013, 04:44 PM
ilko
Agent Orange
Rennlist Member

Received 562 Likes on 200 Posts

I eventually found the holy grail, a DMB 41K mile, one owner-master VW tech, Haladex orange controller, two wheelsets, no mods otherwise...he wanted $18.5 firm. Car was not advertised anywhere, a friend of a friend, of a friend got me the contact. There simply wasn't a better car in the marketplace, for any money.

You should've bought that one Joe!
Old 09-28-2013, 09:12 PM
Magdaddy
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by ilko
You should've bought that one Joe!
it's all about timing isn't it...I'll probably never own an 04 R after all
Old 09-30-2013, 02:21 PM
C4S993
Pro

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1996-...orcev4exp=true
Old 09-30-2013, 02:25 PM
ilko
Agent Orange
Rennlist Member

Received 562 Likes on 200 Posts

That thing looks so sad, it's not even funny.

Quick Reply: Run from this C4S or???