Sponsored by:

993 S at Top Gear?

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2013, 03:27 PM
Quadcammer
Race Director

Received 1,389 Likes on 806 Posts

Originally Posted by fatmike
Where, exactly, are they? I'm passing through and did a quick search.

They don't come up on google maps, and their "map it" on eBay doesn't work.

That seems odd for a car dealer.
/
They are essentially a wholsesaler. Their operation is not set up for retail operations, hence, from what I was told, they don't post their warehouse location. Once you make an appointment, they give you the address. Could be for security purposes as well as its just a plain old warehouse in a industrial complex.
Old 08-28-2013, 04:15 PM
RodKnock
Rennlist Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

It's a very nice looking car and I think priced very reasonably considering the WB 993 market. And love the SY.
Old 08-28-2013, 04:41 PM
Nurburger
Rennlist Member

Received 637 Likes on 270 Posts

Isn't this the car that popped up on ebay a few months ago with a $28k+- 'buy it now' price? It was discussed here.... It used to have sport seats - as shown on the option stickers, though those were obviously too valuable for them to include with the car at that mark up....

They seem to use some form of 'glaze' on the cars for their pictures. I know of someone who recently purchased a 993 from them to use for a project & he stated that the car certainly did not live up to the pictures.....

Edit: The car is not the one referred to above - that was a C4S....

Last edited by Nurburger; 08-28-2013 at 04:57 PM.
Old 08-28-2013, 04:58 PM
jmg3
Racer

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Last edited by jmg3; 05-30-2021 at 09:09 AM.
Old 08-28-2013, 05:11 PM
ilko
Agent Orange
Rennlist Member

Received 555 Likes on 199 Posts

Originally Posted by Nurburger
Isn't this the car that popped up on ebay a few months ago with a $28k+- 'buy it now' price? It was discussed here.... It used to have sport seats - as shown on the option stickers, though those were obviously too valuable for them to include with the car at that mark up...
That was a C4S. Rare911s on here bought it and flipped it to Sean Rajan. I spoke with the previous owner of the car, it had valve guide issues.

This place is buyer beware.
Old 08-28-2013, 06:35 PM
Reddy Kilowatt
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by fatmike
Where, exactly, are they? I'm passing through and did a quick search.

They don't come up on google maps, and their "map it" on eBay doesn't work.

That seems odd for a car dealer.

/
Thanks for trying. I appreciate the thought.

Originally Posted by jmg3
If you don't see it in person yourself then no bellyaching on the forum if you come up disappointed
Yep, fully agree. Just trying to decide if it's worth a trip from the other side of the continent.
Old 08-28-2013, 08:45 PM
il pirata
Banned

Received 166 Likes on 104 Posts

Ask if they will take the car to another shop for a PPI AND if they will let a friend come look at the car (Rennfax!). If no pass. If yes ask for a reference for a shop and a Rennfax on the forum and:

Have you asked for maintenance records? They show one page of stamped service...assume there may be more. Ask for any maintenance paperwork outside of what is in the book. Did you ask for a Carfax...not always accurate but another check on the box. Ask them to go over the car with a paint meter and report the findings. If they do not have paint meter (or at least say they do not) this is a very bad sign. Ask for a close up on the driver's side seat next to the buttons...their pictures are angled enough to not show any wear.Ask for a couple of pics of the underside back by the motor. Ask for a few pics close up in the lower front corners of the windshield( this will show you rubber condition and perhaps some signs of rust). Someone else mentioned this also...ask for some photos of the car outside in the sun (looking down the sides and at angles). You can spend time and come up with more of these type of request.

If everything smells good after the above you can negotiate a price subject to a PPI. I would not give a deposit but a few hundred shows good faith. If you get this far do the PPI.

If PPI passes get on a plane.

So if they think they have a good car they will work with you...unless they have someone else you is not paying attention. If they will not work with I would pass.

And if this market you need to move fast...not skip steps...but move fast.
Old 08-28-2013, 09:49 PM
swesna
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

you can see the photo shopping done on the rear drives quarters...

how can you trust someone that photo shops a car...seems to be misrepresentation
Old 08-29-2013, 07:45 AM
flyingchappy
Rennlist Member

Received 21 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by swesna
you can see the photo shopping done on the rear drives quarters...

how can you trust someone that photo shops a car...seems to be misrepresentation
Stone guards missing from both sides.
Old 08-29-2013, 06:24 PM
uicnick
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I think it is priced too high for 90k.

Last edited by uicnick; 08-30-2013 at 01:08 PM.
Old 08-29-2013, 08:13 PM
cmd4
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

thought that car for 28k was a c4s
Old 08-29-2013, 08:19 PM
Reddy Kilowatt
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yeah, I'm curious how people are drawing definitive conclusions about a car's recent history unless they're tracking the VIN. There aren't a million widebody 993s in SY, but there's not just one either.
Old 08-29-2013, 09:13 PM
2qwik4u
Rennlist Member

Received 37 Likes on 11 Posts

this is not the same car, my cousin bought the sy c4s and he is very happy with it. car was very well sorted by the time he bought it from TG. I can put some eyes on this car for the PO if still interested as I live pretty close.
Old 08-30-2013, 09:33 AM
uscarrera
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 658 Likes on 320 Posts

According to Auto Check car spent most of its life in TX and Cali anyone from those areas recognize the car? Still would be great if someone in Jersey could take a look, come on get off the "shore" and take a look its too crowed on the beach this holiday weekend anyway
Rich

Quick Reply: 993 S at Top Gear?