Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Newbie to Porsche & 993

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2013, 02:06 PM
JB 911
Rennlist Member

Received 93 Likes on 67 Posts

That is a nice looking cab! With the SECOND best color combo of all time! Just a little more searching and you'll find one with the Classic Grey interior - although I admit I am a little biased

I would agree to abandon ebay and contact the seller directly. A lot of the dealers will put in their ad car for sale locally too and will pul ad if sold locally.

As far as price I wouldn't be surprised if it was a typo and the first 4 was supposed to be a 9. If that was the case - good luck trying to get them to honor it. I think 34+/-k is more of a private party price.

Interesting they wrote clean carfax, clean autocheck AND, quote, "accident free". Pretty upfront for a dealer. Seems most would just state clean car check or carfax and or no accident history - and then let you do your due diligence? "Accident free" is a pretty no excuse statement.

You know, on a different note, one thing that just occurred to me is that some people with sai problems have had luck clearing their codes (CEL) doing the drive cycle and getting to emissions before the sai CEL comes on again. How would one defend against this during a ppi - or is there no defense? btw, this comment is not against the seller here - just posed as a what if question.
Old 08-18-2013, 11:37 PM
cptcrnch
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the input. Good points. Btw, Just had an hr + conversation w/ a rennlist guy which blew me away since he didn't know me from adam and still gave me great info and ton of his time! Jay YOU ROCK!
Lots of great info! I'll keep you all posted! - Jr
Old 08-18-2013, 11:41 PM
cptcrnch
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Btw, can anyone tell me why I can't post in the classified section as a new member?
Was hoping to post an "Wanted to buy 993" post, but it says I'm not authorized.
Old 08-19-2013, 12:23 AM
pirahna
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 639 Likes on 402 Posts

Originally Posted by cptcrnch
Btw, can anyone tell me why I can't post in the classified section as a new member?
Was hoping to post an "Wanted to buy 993" post, but it says I'm not authorized.
You have to be a paid member.
https://rennlist.com/forums/payments.php

Quick Reply: Newbie to Porsche & 993