Sponsored by: DashLynx

Spoiler Wiring Harness Question

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2013, 02:01 PM
Bully67
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Spoiler Wiring Harness Question

I'm prepping for my rear decklid conversion back to split grill from turbo S tail. Took apart the center console for a good cleaning and tag components to simplify for later work. The picture is the from the front passenger floor. I assume the bracket is for the spoiler control unit and the harness in the photo goes to rear of the car. I can't find the end from the spoiler button on the console. It's not beneath the carpet/sound material on the passenger side and I traced the main harness to the drivers side. Where does it exit to the control module from the dash?
Attached Images  
Old 07-27-2013, 02:18 PM
Bully67
Racer

Just went through things again. . .possible solution occurred to me - Does the plug in the picture contain both the components of the harness? Seems like that would be an efficient/German way to do it.
Old 07-27-2013, 02:26 PM
Roverdoc
Advanced

Looks like you are just missing the control module and switch on console should already be wired. Someone should have a control module laying around. Mine was absent as well since I purchased with a turbo fixed wing. Good luck
Old 07-28-2013, 01:19 AM
Opo
Nordschleife Master

Received 207 Likes on 76 Posts

Yes, that's what you SER missing , pus you are going to need the spoiler button that goes on the console, I just did mine but didn't finished it because I'm missing some wire in the back, I haven't had time to do it yet ..
Old 07-28-2013, 09:36 AM
Bully67
Racer

Originally Posted by Opo
Yes, that's what you SER missing , pus you are going to need the spoiler button that goes on the console, I just did mine but didn't finished it because I'm missing some wire in the back, I haven't had time to do it yet ..
Spoiler control button is good since my car was delivered with the split grill and got changed somewhere during its life. Didn't realize that the spoiler control box is $400!
Attached Images  
Old 07-28-2013, 10:38 AM
Opo
Nordschleife Master

Received 207 Likes on 76 Posts

Originally Posted by Bully67
Spoiler control button is good since my car was delivered with the split grill and got changed somewhere during its life. Didn't realize that the spoiler control box is $400!
Well yours is going to be easier than mine, all you needd is the module and tou good to go I think sun coast has them for $250 check with them, I bought mine from a RL member for $100

Quick Reply: Spoiler Wiring Harness Question