Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

PPI DONE ! Rennfax ? Sloan to ship?

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2013, 03:45 PM
XR4Tim
Drifting

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

If I could get it to you cheaper than shipping, I'd still be willing to drive it, but I'm betting that there wouldn't be a lot of difference in cost.
Old 07-18-2013, 09:06 PM
eeterp
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by SuperUser
Intercity is great, they have shipped my 964 twice.
http://youtu.be/3eh983xuRhw
Very cool Work wheels! I enjoyed the giggle after the car stalled.
Old 07-19-2013, 08:03 AM
uscarrera
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 658 Likes on 320 Posts

Just a thought on a solution to a problem most of us run into when buying a car out of state when we don't know the seller. The Rennfax, PPI are great ways to get an idea of condition but how about a "Rennbuy" I did this for a member of another web group. The buyer sent the bank check made out to the seller to my house the seller brought the car over to my house, I gave the seller the check put the car in my garage and buyer had shipper pick up car from my house. In this way buyer had no concerns about possible fraud or damage between the time car was paid for and time car was picked up. It worked out real well for all parties and I enjoyed helping out a fellow enthusiast, I now have a free "Rennbuy" if I ever buy a car from Idaho
Rich
Old 07-19-2013, 08:18 AM
Magdaddy
Rennlist Member

Received 267 Likes on 198 Posts

first a "rennfax", now a "rennbuy"...I propose a "rennbeer". That's where rennlist members send money to me, I go out and buy beer with it. Depending on style of said beer, I will gladly keep it at celler temp or refrigerate.

Happy to provide this service to any rennlist folk, pm me for address. Always willing to give back to the community am I.
Old 07-19-2013, 08:45 AM
cmd4
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Rennbuy? That actually sounds like a good idea and a simple soulution for situations like this.
Old 07-19-2013, 08:54 AM
DanL993
button queen

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Magdaddy
first a "rennfax", now a "rennbuy"...I propose a "rennbeer". That's where rennlist members send money to me, I go out and buy beer with it. Depending on style of said beer, I will gladly keep it at celler temp or refrigerate.

Happy to provide this service to any rennlist folk, pm me for address. Always willing to give back to the community am I.
Old 07-19-2013, 08:57 AM
six gun
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Intercity is great, they have shipped my 964 twice.
http://youtu.be/3eh983xuRhw
Depends on the driver, I have used them in the past, once good and once VERY bad. I had a $100k restoration done out at CPR ( california porsche restoration) and the driver droped it off a mile from my home because HE thought the traffic pattern was a problem.

I have had three other cars delivered and four picked up here with no problems. The aformentioned driver just didn't have the driving skills to match his job. The end result was I had to drive my newly restored 72T home in the snow. NEVER again.

When I called Innercity to complain, They told me that the drivers were independent contractors and they had no control over their decisions. Innercity makes it sound as if the drivers are their own when that simly is not true.

Last edited by six gun; 07-19-2013 at 09:01 AM. Reason: spelling
Old 07-19-2013, 10:10 AM
mjsporsche
Rennlist Member

Received 141 Likes on 91 Posts

Originally Posted by six gun

When I called Innercity to complain, They told me that the drivers were independent contractors and they had no control over their decisions. Innercity makes it sound as if the drivers are their own when that simly is not true.

Assume you mean Intercity. Very interesting. Very disappointing.
Old 07-19-2013, 05:50 PM
Academictech
Rennlist Member

Received 49 Likes on 21 Posts

I'm in CT and would be happy to personally inspect the car for you and deliver (as in drive) it to you in NC. No reimbursement necessary, I'll only use 93 octane and will make sure everything is in order before embarking on the trip. I'll find my way from there if you get me to the nearest airport. Just make sure you add the car to your insurance and work out a deal with the seller to keep the current plates and registration until you have it in NC. I'm good to go next week late in the week. How's that for discount delivery service
Old 07-19-2013, 06:04 PM
RodKnock
Rennlist Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Academictech
I'm in CT and would be happy to personally inspect the car for you and deliver (as in drive) it to you in NC. No reimbursement necessary, I'll only use 93 octane and will make sure everything is in order before embarking on the trip. I'll find my way from there if you get me to the nearest airport. Just make sure you add the car to your insurance and work out a deal with the seller to keep the current plates and registration until you have it in NC. I'm good to go next week late in the week. How's that for discount delivery service
Is your service available NYC to SF Bay Area?
Old 07-19-2013, 06:18 PM
Academictech
Rennlist Member

Received 49 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by RodKnock
Is your service available NYC to SF Bay Area?
Hell Yea!

I was born to drive these cars X-Country. My next trip will be my 7th time from coast to coast.
Old 07-19-2013, 06:38 PM
slickster85
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I don't understand paying that I assume is in the 40/50k range for a car then not paying to have it shipped. A lot of risk having someone else drive your new car.
Old 07-19-2013, 07:57 PM
SuperUser
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Bart is a good man for the job.
Old 07-19-2013, 08:10 PM
RodKnock
Rennlist Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Bart is a good man for the job.
Yep, I've read most if not all of his Porsche delivery exploits over the years. Good to know for the future.
Old 07-19-2013, 11:19 PM
TMc993
Rennlist Member

Received 550 Likes on 347 Posts

Once again, a case of "overthink"....

Question: Two years down the road, are you going to be concerned about how much you spent or didn't spend on gettng your 993 to your house?

Answer: No!

The sooner you figure out how to get the car to your location, the sooner you'll be driving it. Just pick a shipper, get the car to your location and start driving....It's not that difficult.

Quick Reply: PPI DONE ! Rennfax ? Sloan to ship?