Notices
993 Forum 1995-1998

Sweet 993 RS, 959 with exclusive options

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2013, 12:51 AM
timothymoffat
Rennlist Member

Received 1,025 Likes on 457 Posts

Just wow. The Saudi 959 is truly impressive......not my particular taste but the attention to detail is amazing.

Great pix, thanks for posting!
Old 06-12-2013, 09:19 AM
XR4Tim
Drifting

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by uicnick
Incorrect, this is an exclusive option wheel, not related to federalization. Sorry i'm a bit of a freak on exclusive options. Here's an image from the Saudi 959. You can't see from my photos but here you can see the detail of the exclusive leather details. A shame that whoever ordered the 959 that MacNeil currently owns couldn't have been more creative with coloring or contrasting of the leather options instead settling with a uniform gray motif. According to the Porsche museum, the Saudi 959 was the only vehicle in Porsche history that did not use the Porsche crest on the hood, wheel caps, steering wheel and gearshift, instead using a custom logo from the Saudi Royal Family. Board approval was required at the time, and this will almost certainly never happen again.
Interesting. I'd never seen a 959 with that wheel until Canepa started importing them. However, some of those cars came from the sultan of Brunei's collection. Maybe this was an exclusive option only available to royalty
Old 06-12-2013, 02:28 PM
Kika
Nordschleife Master

Received 80 Likes on 61 Posts

Originally Posted by uicnick
Incorrect, this is an exclusive option wheel, not related to federalization. Sorry i'm a bit of a freak on exclusive options. Here's an image from the Saudi 959. You can't see from my photos but here you can see the detail of the exclusive leather details. A shame that whoever ordered the 959 that MacNeil currently owns couldn't have been more creative with coloring or contrasting of the leather options instead settling with a uniform gray motif. According to the Porsche museum, the Saudi 959 was the only vehicle in Porsche history that did not use the Porsche crest on the hood, wheel caps, steering wheel and gearshift, instead using a custom logo from the Saudi Royal Family. Board approval was required at the time, and this will almost certainly never happen again.
WOW! just WOW. Whatever happened to the Porsche Sonderwunsch (Dream Wish) department? It existed years ago, and the article I read basically said, if you have the money, they will make it for you.

The one I liked was the Texas cattle rancher that sent a few of his hides to have the interior of his Porsche done with leather from his own cows.

I am guessing if you are Saudi Royalty you have a decent amount of disposable income.....
Old 06-13-2013, 03:28 AM
deactivateduser66
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Awesome photos, thank you!
Old 06-13-2013, 09:05 AM
XR4Tim
Drifting

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Kika
WOW! just WOW. Whatever happened to the Porsche Sonderwunsch (Dream Wish) department? It existed years ago, and the article I read basically said, if you have the money, they will make it for you.
They became Porsche Exclusive.

Quick Reply: Sweet 993 RS, 959 with exclusive options