Notices
993 Forum 1995-1998
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Fister exhaust tips on Widebody fitment?

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2013 | 01:21 AM
tcsracing1
Rennlist Member

Default Fister exhaust tips on Widebody fitment?

I am looking to get into a Fister exhaust and would like to have tips to complement it.
(i currently have a Fabspeed exhaust that came with the car, stock is long gone sadly)

The Fister webiste says their tips are narrow body fitment only?
Is this the case? (i have widebody c4s)

If so, where can i get something that looks factory?

Last edited by tcsracing1; 05-21-2013 at 01:37 AM.
Old 05-21-2013 | 01:56 AM
CalvinC4S
Drifting

The NB will not work with WB exhaust. I bought a wide body OEM set from Carniwal, they where around $700 as far as I recall.
Old 05-21-2013 | 08:55 AM
Roche993
Rennlist Member

There is a way! This is what I did.

Problem: Outlet pipe (for tips) on Fabspeed cans is very short and only the long Fabspeed tips will work with their cans. When I had the tips off for some maintenence, I noticed from way behind the car that the outlet pipes on the cans were lined up directly with the bumper cut outs eliminating that strange angle that the wide body tips call for. On another note, the short outlet pipe on the Fabspeed cans is the reason Darin cannot make Fister II's as a crossover pipe is needed. He can do the internal mods to make them III's though!

Anyway, after much thought, I figured if the outlet pipe is lined up pretty straight with the bumper cut out, how can I bring the proper Fister wide ovals out to the bumper and have them look just right??

Solution: Take some measurements and call Darin. I ordered a set of Narrow Body wide ovals from him for a great price. These have the central pipe in them with no strange wide body offset which I thought might work for me. Now to bring them out from under the car to just right at the bumper, I had Darin make me some sweet little extension pipes that are 5 inches long, with a flange on one end and a ball on the other. You will need another set of clamps ($15 each from said wizard) and you are good to go. I did not think that I would like the two clamp/pipe extension thing but in reality, with two moveable and adjustable joints it is really easy to fine tune the position of the new narrow body tips on my wide body car. Hope this makes sense and if it wasn't for Darin putting up with my many emails about what it is exactly that I wanted, it would not have happened. He made the special pipes for me, sent me a picture of them before he sent them, and the price was way more than fair.

By the way, they look so much better than the "chromy" Fabspeed tips.

For sale-Perfect Fabspeed 10 inch wide oval tips-$125/obo.

Last edited by Roche993; 05-21-2013 at 09:16 AM. Reason: spilling
Old 05-21-2013 | 11:34 AM
Opo
Nordschleife Master

FD motors does have WB tips, I just bought a set in black here recently, unless they stopped making them
Old 05-21-2013 | 12:35 PM
Roche993
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Opo
FD motors does have WB tips, I just bought a set in black here recently, unless they stopped making them

Good to know. Thought those were done.
Still the problem with those of us that have Fabspeed Maxflows is the length of the outlet pipe on the can is way shorter than a standard muffler so either wide body or narrow body large ovals will not work as they will be way to short and under the car, so to speak. This is where the little extension pipe comes into play that Darin made for me to bring them out to the bumper. I hope that this is what the op was asking about??
Old 05-21-2013 | 12:55 PM
doberdog

I believe that FD does make them but do not promote the tips on their site. If you order a set of Fister exhaust they will make them for you as well.
Old 05-21-2013 | 01:11 PM
Knight
Drifting

They will modify to fit and look great! I've ordered for both a TT and C4S, along with the mufflers of course.
Old 05-21-2013 | 02:05 PM
TheBen
Drifting

I have FD wide ovals on my C4S and they look great. Extremely well made as is everything from their shop.
Old 05-21-2013 | 08:57 PM
tcsracing1
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Roche993
Good to know. Thought those were done.
Still the problem with those of us that have Fabspeed Maxflows is the length of the outlet pipe on the can is way shorter than a standard muffler so either wide body or narrow body large ovals will not work as they will be way to short and under the car, so to speak. This is where the little extension pipe comes into play that Darin made for me to bring them out to the bumper. I hope that this is what the op was asking about??
im selling my full fabspeed exhaust and starting with fresh Fisters. No core exhange.

Quick Reply: Fister exhaust tips on Widebody fitment?